Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2000 RS Coupe
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been talking to people and some of them say they are Stage # and others say they are a different # for pretty much the same mods.

So I am trying to figure out how I can know for sure that Stage my car is and what stage other peoples cars are when I look at them.

So I guess I am asking is there some kind of written law somewhere that says if you have this-this your this Stage.

Thanks,
Ben

· Mobile Diagnosis Guy
97 Impreza L
5,319 Posts
^^^^ mister one-upper over here.

For serious, this is how it is:

Stage 1 WRX: I haven't broken my trans yet.

Stage 1.5 WRX: I gotz the Blitz Nur Spec rumble

Stage 2 WRX: I got rumble and now im tuned for it.

Stage 2.5 WRX: Bigger is better, I got a v434 turbo and supporting mods....EVO's still beat me tho....wtf.

Stage 3 WRX: More boost bitches...

Stage 4 WRX: High Boost + EJ20 = (i blew my shiz up) = STi Swap

· Registered
1999 ver7 coupe
506 Posts
The only stages that aren't stupid are stage 1 and 2 imo.

After that, it's a terrible way of describing a car because there are so many variables once you start changing turbos and whatnot. Plus, saying stage sounds retarded.

"Yeah, my car is stage 7.5 with a stage 4 clutch and stage 3 turbo but only a stage 2 intercooler...next week I'm putting in a stage 6 short shifter!!!"

· General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
4,539 Posts
stage 1 was anything bolt on - intake, exhaust, blinker fluid
stage 2 was some kind of bolt on FI - home grown wtx
stage 3+ was fucking with internals

stage 53:

stage 81:

Hope that clears things up for you noobz.

· Banned
'04 RS PBP w/ Black Tarmacs
2,225 Posts
^^^^ROFL :rotflmao:

I like Aspect's idea... just add stuff up...let's see I have a stage 1 clutch, stage 2 exhaust, since my intake is a custom hybrid thing we'll call that stage 1.7, stage 1 suspension oh and a stage 2 wing. So let's see I'm at stage 7.7...yipeee!!!

Wait... are you suppose to divide by Pi?

· Registered
2002 Subaru Legacy L
3,191 Posts
"stages" are derived from companies that offer certain power packages. I think originally a vw thing. Now its just gay. I laugh when i hear wrx owners say they are stage 4 making 300whp. haha. and yes a stock evo will kill a stage 3/4 wrx.

· Banned
1,035 Posts
"stages" are derived from companies that offer certain power packages. I think originally a vw thing. Now its just gay. I laugh when i hear wrx owners say they are stage 4 making 300whp. haha. and yes a stock evo will kill a stage 3/4 wrx.
I dont know about kill a Stage 3/4. I guess it depends on how it's set up. I mean a stage 2 WRX puts out STi power(actually I know of a local 06 Stage 2 WRX that put out a bit more hp than a stock STi).

· Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
3,814 Posts
my first stage was N/A with bolt ons....got bored

so stage 2 was ej255 shortblock, stock heads and td04

stage 3 is headwork/cams/18G etc...

stage 4 is a stronger tranny

stage 5 is buying a GC and swapping H6 into

stage 99 will be me 6 feet under after way too many car builds....if only i could have got to stage 100 and achieved time travel.....

· Registered
2000 RS Coupe
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
k well all the parts I have never came with a sticker that said your now Stage 2, or this is a Stage 2 to exhaust hanger.

So what stage would my car be? I have lots of crap I have put into it, Does a Stereo add anything to the Stages if you have the Subs pointing to the back of the car to help push air and propell the car in a forward motion?

But really I have Fly, clutch, full exhaust/catless, CAI, Cams, RA gears, PP6, Fuel pump, other stuff I cant thing about. Am I like Stage 2 or 3?

· Registered
1999 ver7 coupe
506 Posts
That's the whole point...stages just refer to a few power parts and dont include gears or cams etc...so you are "stage 2", but so is a guy with a wrx and 2 aftermarket parts, yet your car is completely different than his. Also, saying your car is "stage x" when it's N/A doesn't mean anything compared to a turbo subaru.

Just forget the whole stage thing :p

stage 99 will be me 6 feet under after way too many car builds....if only i could have got to stage 100 and achieved time travel.....
Check out my sig man, I've been rolling on stage 100 for months now. Getting a protune for the flux capacitor was expensive but totally worth it....my plutonium mileage is through the roof!

· Registered
2000 RS Coupe
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Check out my sig man, I've been rolling on stage 100 for months now. Getting a protune for the flux capacitor was expensive but totally worth it....my plutonium mileage is through the roof!
LOL thats great, I was thinking about going cold fusion my self, but the cost now days is so high, I just cant justify the up front cost. I know what your going to say, but you get all that power and the milage is not that bad, but still its hella expensive, and to find a shop that can install it is almost imposible.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.