Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1999 rs
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to find out how to install a replica gc8 sti wing on to my 99RS, but not too sure how to since its hollow and is not bolt on.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,555 Posts
The wing should have threaded holes to run bolts into instead of the threaded studs that come on the OE wings.

·
Registered
99WhiteMock22B/10TeslaRoadster
6,659 Posts
Then line it up with your factory wing bolts and see where they land. Mark, drill, and than install using the factory holes as guides.

·
OG GC
MY00 BRP RS...still adding to
4,471 Posts
I'm guessing you have a replica wing. Seeing how you say that the wing you have is..."hollow".....??
OEM v5/v6 wings have bolts "coming out" of the wing itself. And it bolts on the inside of the trunk.
Got any pics of the under side of the wing? This might help a little bit.

EDIT:

D'Oh!! Just re read the title. :facepalm:

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
replica wings are horrible. and this is why. it will be loosey goosey and you probably won't ever be able to get it tighter. it will probably fall off at 60 mph.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
if it's not bolted down right, and doesn't have the support structure at the mount points..the fiberglass will crack from the wind resistance and break right off the trunk.

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
if there are no threads in the bottom of the spoiler. You probably have to use double sided tape or panel bond. A body guy would know the best way, but probably more permanent than bolting it on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts