Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Primium Membur
98 RS/WRX
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda silly topic, but my my GC has the goldies (The standard 5-spoke gold rims that came on the '98 and '99 RS), and I get shit for them from everyone I know. I think they look awesome with my Rally Blue RS.

Everyone thinks gold rims are for mexicans or weirdos, and all I can say is it's a Subaru thing.

Does anyone else get this? What's your response to these ass-hats?

· anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
8,075 Posts
^haha I describe my car as cute all the time, and every scoob I see. Catches people off guard!

Their all...
"whaooooo....this is not my batman glass"

· Primium Membur
98 RS/WRX
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a '00 RS with the silver 6-spokes before I got my '98 with goldies and everyone(Freinds, family, girlfriend) is like "I like the old ones better". Disagreed!

Then I tried explaining to my girlfriend why Subarus are so damn awesome in the first place...that went nowhere, hahahah.

· Boxer rumble FTW!
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
719 Posts
haha i got me some gold rota's and i get weird looks and laughs from people while driving cause they probably don't know shit about subaru's. but i do get alot of compliments on them from family/friends/co-workers/a few chicks but most of all i think they are the perfect.

· wood grain grippin'
v2 STi wagon
4,729 Posts
I've got a set of Goldies for autocross. :) But you know, I'm kinda bored with 'em. My car just looks... stock. It's good for autox, but I wouldn't want to have to use 'em as my DD wheels. Aspen White on Gold is abundant in this area.

I has some other "OEM" rims for that ;)

· Registered
1995 Impreza L & 1997 OBS
2,300 Posts
are u kidding me... So far ive owned 4 sets of wheels and they're all gold. Stock 6 spokes for winter painted them gold, 17" gold rota formels, 98 goldies, and now v6 sti te37's. Gold is the way to go, and if anyone asks why i just tell em its a subaru thing. most people seem to like them tho.

· 4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
4,680 Posts
haha, your parents are anti rice? That's awesome. My dad got me tireflyz for christmas one year. I had to painfully explain that not only were they illegal, but they were pretty much the riciest thing you could do to a car.

They went to good use though, we pranked my friend's car with them.

Gold wheels are a subaru tradition and always will be. That's what I tell people. Why do you have gold rims? It came like that from the factory

· Registered
00' & 01' 2.5 RS sedans
277 Posts
my dad hates my goldies (he's a muscle car guy) he always tells me to put my silver 5 spokes back on that they look classier, but i cant do it i love gold!!!!! its definatly a subaru thing

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.