Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Get a stand alone engine management system like a Tec II or something like that I think.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
I was under the impression he just wanted to not have one alltogehter.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Link2 or TEC-2 or 3. Maybe even a E-Manage since it will allow for any MAF like one from a 300Z.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If a stand alone ecu will allow the engine to run without the MAF sensor, then how will the computer know how much air is coming into the intake so that the injectors feed the correct amount of fuel. Is there another sensor somewhere that takes over the job?

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
jtibbitt said:
If a stand alone ecu will allow the engine to run without the MAF sensor, then how will the computer know how much air is coming into the intake so that the injectors feed the correct amount of fuel. Is there another sensor somewhere that takes over the job?

if i'm assuming correctly it uses a MAP sensor that you have to tap into the intake somewhere. (manfold aboslute presssure)
again this is just my understanding of it. someone coreect me if i'm wrong:D

-brian

·
Registered
410 Posts
You could also use something like an HKS VPC (Vane Pressure Converter)...it is specifically designed to convert MAF system to MAP systems. It is a bit expensive though.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Or find a wrecked MY00+ and buy its ECU, MAP sensor, IAT sensor, front O2 sensor... not much else, some custom wiring and voila.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts