Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:drool: how the (explitive..) do you all keep your cars fronts from getting chips and such.... hell i just got my front painted and its worse than other cars... or am i one of the few who goes far and beyond the normal use of impreza's....? also how many miles do you all have 98 and on.... i am at 144000 + miles. had a 141 a few months ago... just checkin. thanks.
Bored brat...:biggest:

·
Registered
646 Posts
You're not alone. My paint sucks. Well at least everyone other then SOA that I have talked to says it sucks. SOA says it meets their standards. Hmmm maybe that says something about their standards. Just another reason I'm paying for a real paint job on the car when I get back this fall.

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Yeah, if you want to avoid the nasty crap you'll need real paint. Which is expensive, but worth it in the long run. I can't wait to repaint my car. Probably still in white, but way better than OEM.

My stepmother had a 1985 Saab 900S with paint so awesome that she endured like six years of commuting back and forth from Salem, NH to Logan Airport in Boston (1 hour of NASTINESS), and came out of it with ONE chip in her hood.

Now that's paint. :D

Your other option is the full-face bra from Subaru, but... that takes work, too. Gotta take it off every time you wash the car, and be sure it's dry when you put it back on, or else you'll get water spots and all kinds of junk.

-S2-

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i forgot to say no clear bra stuff..... not an option bc it looks well tacky.... i just wish pait would last i keep my car clean and i mean clean but its pretty messed up bc of the chips all over the front if i can i iwll get the digi cam and take some pics. just frustrated. stinkin rocks. and cars with out mudflaps...:curse:

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
Once I get that $6-8k I'm getting my car repainted... either Sedona Red, Suzuka Blue (2002 S2000 blue), or some sort of dark silver, metallic grey and lots of clearcoat! :D

keith

·
Registered
171 Posts
I put on this product from 3m which is a clear thick vinyl and haven't had a problem since. I love it. It conforms right to your car and stays so you don't have to take it off like the regular bras. You can't even tell it is there. I also put the protection kits on my lights. When it is put on right it really is a good product. We have also put them on a bunch of other cars and they all love it.

What I don't like is the touch up paint. It never seems to look right.

When we first started to carrry them we weren't sure either so we tried it and am glad we did.

www.speed-fx.com

·
Registered
904 Posts
I would have to agree with SpeedFX on getting clear bra for your car. The Subaru paint chips so easily. I got four chips on the first two weeks I got my '02 Rex. The thing that sucks is that I sell and install them too. Dont ask too busy when I got it.

From my experiences over the last 3 1/2 years installing thousands of kits the chances of it looking bad in your eyes is less than 1%. The clear bra can look bad if you dont care of it or it was a poor install, but so can your car if you dont wash or wax. The product will look as good as you take care of it. The urethane film has a clear coat finish on the top to blend in with your cars paint and is extremely flexible and durable to last a long time.

·
Registered
MY00 //// BRP 2.5RS coupe
3,368 Posts
wow that is an old quote =D

You know we should look up what we wanted for our cars X amount of yrs ago =D

but to be not off topic ;)
Vinyl on a new color!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts