Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Step 1. You must have over 10 posts, and there's a 24 hour waiting period between when you hit your 10th post before you can start a Conversation with someone. People with greater than 10 posts can start a conversation with you at any time, however.
-Start by commenting on threads. In a nice way.
-Or you can ask questions. Just don't spam.
-If you ask questions to get to the 10 post minimum, search for it first. So instead of searching for "what is the best aftermarket exhaust for a 2006 Impreza Wagon NA automatic," try a simpler search. "best aftermarket exhaust" and then you parse/sort through the results.

*This forum has been here for over 20 years, and almost any common question you can think of have been answered ad nauseam (endlessly). If you really can't find the answer, then do make a post in the Newbie section (until you're over 10 post counts at least).

Step 2.
View attachment 86124

Move your mouse over their user name (in this case, over the lower "zerodrift" in this pic) and a popup opens. Click on the "Message" button, then start typing! Alternately, you can click on their username initially, then click on "start conversation."

What's that you say, you don't use a PC Computer? Here's how to do it on an Android browser:

View attachment 86125

It's the same process, you click on a name then click on the "messages" button that comes up.

I don't have tapatalk or any other methods for connecting to this forum, so if someone could take screenshots of the process and post them below, I'll add them. Thanks!
Thank you very much for this I was wondering why I couldn't message ppl.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For real, genuine human beings, of course it's extra BS that you shouldn't have to deal with.

Believe it or not, the old leadership had a 90 day waiting period in addition to the minimum post count (I understand that you have been here way longer than 90 days, but imagine a brand new person who sees a car they want...) No way around that either.
Yea I lost a few items I wanted because I couldn't pm. Hoping I can now as this will be my 10th post. Hopefully they review it quick and give me access.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm also in the boat that I see a car I'd like to buy but do not have the permission to post. I'm also echoing a previous reply that I don't have much to add and don't have any meaningful questions until I get in the middle of things. I also understand that there needs to be checks in place to not allow bots or scammers easily in.
Yeah same here but I'd rather have this rule instead of a bunch of spammers!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts