Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Impreza Wagon (OBS)
30 Posts
Hey Mike, I was wondering if I could be added to the WTB/PM function prior to meeting the requirements. With the slow moving nature of these forums I don't want to reply to threads simply for the fact that I want those privileges.

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
You have 10 posts now, in 24 hours you should have full functionality of the forum.

Reactions: Murgledoo

·
Registered
11 Posts
I feel like the 10 post rule is really just to encourage people to share. It is helping me get out of my shell, expressions and communication is the goal of the forum after all. Brutal yet effective! (y)
Agreed. I was really gonna lurk here as long as I could but I do see the need for more involvement. Hoping one day I would be able to get an impreza as my dad did from many years ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Step 1. You must have over 10 posts, and there's a 24 hour waiting period between when you hit your 10th post before you can start a Conversation with someone. People with greater than 10 posts can start a conversation with you at any time, however.
-Start by commenting on threads. In a nice way.
-Or you can ask questions. Just don't spam.
-If you ask questions to get to the 10 post minimum, search for it first. So instead of searching for "what is the best aftermarket exhaust for a 2006 Impreza Wagon NA automatic," try a simpler search. "best aftermarket exhaust" and then you parse/sort through the results.

*This forum has been here for over 20 years, and almost any common question you can think of have been answered ad nauseam (endlessly). If you really can't find the answer, then do make a post in the Newbie section (until you're over 10 post counts at least).

Step 2.
View attachment 86124

Move your mouse over their user name (in this case, over the lower "zerodrift" in this pic) and a popup opens. Click on the "Message" button, then start typing! Alternately, you can click on their username initially, then click on "start conversation."

What's that you say, you don't use a PC Computer? Here's how to do it on an Android browser:

View attachment 86125

It's the same process, you click on a name then click on the "messages" button that comes up.

I don't have tapatalk or any other methods for connecting to this forum, so if someone could take screenshots of the process and post them below, I'll add them. Thanks!
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Step 1. You must have over 10 posts, and there's a 24 hour waiting period between when you hit your 10th post before you can start a Conversation with someone. People with greater than 10 posts can start a conversation with you at any time, however.
-Start by commenting on threads. In a nice way.
-Or you can ask questions. Just don't spam.
-If you ask questions to get to the 10 post minimum, search for it first. So instead of searching for "what is the best aftermarket exhaust for a 2006 Impreza Wagon NA automatic," try a simpler search. "best aftermarket exhaust" and then you parse/sort through the results.

*This forum has been here for over 20 years, and almost any common question you can think of have been answered ad nauseam (endlessly). If you really can't find the answer, then do make a post in the Newbie section (until you're over 10 post counts at least).

Step 2.
View attachment 86124

Move your mouse over their user name (in this case, over the lower "zerodrift" in this pic) and a popup opens. Click on the "Message" button, then start typing! Alternately, you can click on their username initially, then click on "start conversation."

What's that you say, you don't use a PC Computer? Here's how to do it on an Android browser:

View attachment 86125

It's the same process, you click on a name then click on the "messages" button that comes up.

I don't have tapatalk or any other methods for connecting to this forum, so if someone could take screenshots of the process and post them below, I'll add them. Thanks!
[/QUOT thanks for the info

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, just posting here because I wasn't sure where else to post - I lost my account at some point someone must have hacked it. Old username was "sslak". I'm here because I think it's finally time to list my brother's car for sale...he was Tslak on these forums. I tried a 'forgot password' but the e-mail address it sent to did not belong to me. Any chance an admin can help me out? or do I just need to go post 10 times?

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs Rally Car with a '04 STi drivetrain
2 Posts
For my 9th post: As some constructive criticism: I understand the idea that it doesn't "harm" most people to hit 10 posts, especially when asking questions that have likely been answered and can be resolved with search: On the flip side, on for sale posts, it is a bit frustrating to think I have to "spam" some posts in order to message someone about a vehicle I'm potentially interested in purchasing. Although I also understand letting a spammer respond to these posts is probably one of the main reasons for this policy. Not sure where the resolution is.
I dont disagree lol. But hey here we are and this post was helpful to find!

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
An idea for new members:

Make a post in the members journal section, and post some pics of your car(s).

41 - 56 of 56 Posts