Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Step 1. You must have over 10 posts, and there's a 24 hour waiting period between when you hit your 10th post before you can start a Conversation with someone. People with greater than 10 posts can start a conversation with you at any time, however.
-Start by commenting on threads. In a nice way.
-Or you can ask questions. Just don't spam.
-If you ask questions to get to the 10 post minimum, search for it first. So instead of searching for "what is the best aftermarket exhaust for a 2006 Impreza Wagon NA automatic," try a simpler search. "best aftermarket exhaust" and then you parse/sort through the results.

*This forum has been here for over 20 years, and almost any common question you can think of have been answered ad nauseam (endlessly). If you really can't find the answer, then do make a post in the Newbie section (until you're over 10 post counts at least).

Step 2.

Move your mouse over their user name (in this case, over the lower "zerodrift" in this pic) and a popup opens. Click on the "Message" button, then start typing! Alternately, you can click on their username initially, then click on "start conversation."

What's that you say, you don't use a PC Computer? Here's how to do it on an Android browser:

It's the same process, you click on a name then click on the "messages" button that comes up.

I don't have tapatalk or any other methods for connecting to this forum, so if someone could take screenshots of the process and post them below, I'll add them. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got a link?

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I moved his thread there. Now, with <10 threads, people can DM him, but he can't post any updates or edit his post or anything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For my 9th post: As some constructive criticism: I understand the idea that it doesn't "harm" most people to hit 10 posts, especially when asking questions that have likely been answered and can be resolved with search: On the flip side, on for sale posts, it is a bit frustrating to think I have to "spam" some posts in order to message someone about a vehicle I'm potentially interested in purchasing. Although I also understand letting a spammer respond to these posts is probably one of the main reasons for this policy. Not sure where the resolution is.

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For real, genuine human beings, of course it's extra BS that you shouldn't have to deal with.

Believe it or not, the old leadership had a 90 day waiting period in addition to the minimum post count (I understand that you have been here way longer than 90 days, but imagine a brand new person who sees a car they want...) No way around that either.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm commenting here to get my post count up. Honestly, I'd hate to spam the forum with posts when I already know where to search for most answers, I won't have any legitimate questions until I purchase a vehicle so until then I'd just be posting for the sake of getting past the threshold. And I've already bookmarked the DYI stuff that I need to reference. So apologies if some of these posts seem forced, it's mainly because I have this threshold I need to get past so I can prepare myself for when a car goes on sale.

·
Registered
01 Impreza 2.5 RS coupe SRP
422 Posts
Been a while since I visited this forum and also because I no longer have my RS. I don't know how to post anything anymore. How do I post a freeby stuff? I need to give away an 01 SRP 2.5 RS rear bumper. Maybe someone wants it before I throw it away. Thanks. My apologies if I'm doing something wrong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm also in the boat that I see a car I'd like to buy but do not have the permission to post. I'm also echoing a previous reply that I don't have much to add and don't have any meaningful questions until I get in the middle of things. I also understand that there needs to be checks in place to not allow bots or scammers easily in.

·
Registered
1998 RSTi EJ255/ spec.B 6MT
2 Posts
For real, genuine human beings, of course it's extra BS that you shouldn't have to deal with.

Believe it or not, the old leadership had a 90 day waiting period in addition to the minimum post count (I understand that you have been here way longer than 90 days, but imagine a brand new person who sees a car they want...) No way around that either.
Weird because I think I made this account back in 2011. I was never really an active "poster" on here, I just scrolled for information. But for some reason I was able to make a for sale post years ago for my old RS. I think the for sale ad is still active lol... I just went to the for sale page to make a post for a bunch of stuff I have and I can't post or sell anything? Seems odd to me as I have an active (or so I think) for sale ad. I actually ended up finding the RS I own now back in 2017 on this forum. I want to say that I did comment on and message the seller directly thru PM

-Jeff

·
Registered
'94 Golf, '92 Legacy Wagon
5 Posts
I've had this account on here forever but mainly as a lurker when I was looking for cars/parts. Good to know that I need 10 posts before I can make a for sale ad.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do replies count towards the 10 post minimum? I'm really just looking to sell my subie at a reasonable price to someone who will take care of her and I'd rather not sell through craigslist with all of the spambots.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts