Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
01 RS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, a little back story about my build. I have a 2001 RS coupe and swapped over a WRX TR engine Ej255 , drivetrain, wiring harness (by Iwire of course), etc. In my quest to make the my car legal in California I need to take it to the REF. In order to make the car legal I have to put all the stock stuff back on...
How do I mount the air pump from a EJ255 on a 2001 2.5Rs? I searched far and wide and haven't found anything. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just delete the air pump system all together. Only need a couple block off plates and you can turn off the codes permanently through an AP

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
317 Posts
He can't delete it if he's trying to get it BAR'd by the state ref.

I think it's usually mounted on the drivers side tower on the WRX, I would try to put it somewhere like that if there's room. I think it mounts basically where the fuel filter is.

·
Registered
01 RS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted to give everyone a heads up. I had to remove the windshield washer reservoir and mounted on that same location, and just like that my check engine turned off and I got my cruise control started working again:). I will post some more pictures soon to help anybody else trying to Bar there Impreza.

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
317 Posts
Good to hear. Did you relocate the washer reservoir, or just eliminate it?

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,778 Posts
When I needed to use the washer reservoir space I just bought a cheap universal unit on Amazon and mounted it on the other side of the engine bay. You can see it on the passenger side of the engine bay in this picture.

·
Registered
01 RS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I needed to use the washer reservoir space I just bought a cheap universal unit on Amazon and mounted it on the other side of the engine bay. You can see it on the passenger side of the engine bay in this picture.

Right on,and good job on the custom relocation fry! I was thinking about using the reservoir from a 07 WRX TR so i could use both windshield washer reservoir as well as the air injection pump to bar my coupe. But I could drive around without the windshield washers for month or so.... Ill post some pic later on today to help anyone else going through the BAR hoops.
(Damn you California smog laws)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts