Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
'01 Silver 2.5RS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a grounding kit from Paranoid Fabrications for my RS and he didn't send me the installation instructions. I know it is probable uber simple but I can't afford to fry anything through guess and check. Anybody that has one please help. Thanks.

·
Low&Slow
1965 VW Bug,2001 drz400 sumo
2,942 Posts
its just that, a grounding kit, run one wire from the negative batt terminal, then to a stock ground location, then from that wire to the next ground and so on. basically you tie all your stock grounds together. and VA LA you are done.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
You can PM Paranoid Fabrications (Shane) and he'll send them to you. It's also available in his thread, just /search for it. You start at the passenger's side strut tower. Then to the intake manifold. To the throttle body. Other side of the intake manifold. Then to negative battery terminal.. or something similar to that. Look around, it's there.

·
Registered
01 RS w/ 2.1 stroker ej205
2,176 Posts
sorry to ask but whats the point of the grounding kit ???

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
sorry to ask but whats the point of the grounding kit ???
It's widely believed that Subaru's grounding points are insufficient from the factory. Many people put grounding kits in their cars to even out and help the flow of electricity from and to all the electrical components of the cars. Some say it smooths out the RPM band, some say their lights are brighter, or that it helps them with their sound system, acting as a capacitor of sorts. I don't really think there has been any ground-breaking evidence of any of this, however, I did feel as though the grounding kit that I installed on my RS lived up to the expectations.

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
yeah I like the grounding kit. Defly helped smooth out the RPM band. Not really sure if it made my HLs brighter because I had different HLs when I put the grounding kit on and just recently went back to my stock HLs

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
Groundingkit=JOKE!
Especially NOT on older cars! You should see the pathetic OEM grounding on early Impreza's! I would also replace the OEM grounding with Shane's OEM kit if you have a 10 year old or older car!

If you have a new car, well then I'd say 90% is for 'bling', but it will help with surges for stereo and lights.

This should help. It's on my 2005 RS, but they are all very similar. Remember that other then the 1st connection (the strut tower or the firewall) and the last (the negative terminal on the battery) it is a 'daisy chain' affair (two wires ~ coming and going to each contact point).

This is really contact point #5... Oops!

·
Registered
'95 1.8 L wagon
50 Posts
I installed mine on my 95 1.8l and it definitely made a difference. as a matter of fact, my wife drove it a few days later without knowing and mentioned my hesitation was way better (as in gone). but everyone has their own opinion. i like $30 my grounding kit upgrade!

·
Registered
'01 Silver 2.5RS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got the kit installed and I definitely noticed that the hesistation at idle and low cruising (1st and 2nd) is pretty much gone. $60 well spent!

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Charcoal Grey
148 Posts
What is the difference between the 3 kit offered ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts