26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is no action in here?

jz

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i haven't forgotten about this place. make them come back!

jz

·
Registered
108 Posts
I forgot about it for a while. It's a shame that the RS community doesnt use this board more, the I-club has become so overwhelmed by the WRX, there are hardly any vendors selling or making new RS parts, it pretty much sucks.

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
I-club is where I go for the Impreza community. More people check out that forum for things to do and stuff. Technical knowledge and questions I go here with. I sometimes search through the sluff on I-club for info, as there's plenty of it there sometimes.

I also haven't let the fact that the WRX came out and increased the population of owners by atleast 200% get to me.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
200%, i'm think more like 1000%. 200% would be 2 times more right? hope my math is still good. there is like 20,000+ members now over there. i don't even think that subaru sold 10,000 2.5RS from 98-00.

jz

·
Registered
108 Posts
No they didnt.
The problem I have is now that I try and search for something specific, I have to go through a bunch of WRX posts for that product just to find one post that has to do with the RS. At least here I know that everything is for my car.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Don't worry I'll be back in Maryland soon and we can do the bar b q get togethers again after auto-x.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm down... tell me when and where!!!

so who all is from i-club and what are your names on there???

I know we got some WRX fuckers trolling our board:mad: get the fuck out you stupid losers:flame:

--Brian

·
Registered
646 Posts
Pretty much that's what I'm suggesting. It seems you guys forgot how to get together and have fun after a few of us moved the last time. I fly out of here on December 18th and I'll be in Maryland (likely Howard County) at the start of Jan.

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
Segregation by body styles is absolutely ridiculous. To be that petty and self centered as to not accept people because they drive the WRX? Hmmm, then why did you show up to Tim's party the other night Brian? He drives a WRX. He's a "stupid loser" then too, by your definition. And I thought you were "done" with the I-club?

It's not going to help the "problem" by going off and doing you're own thing. Start the idea here, bring it to I-club, and see who else would like to arrive. Look at the pictures from the largest meet on the I-club, held up in New England. 80 something cars, and you can bet that they weren't all GC8's.

Anyway, if you get things going, I'll see if I can attend. Unless my viewpoint makes me one of those "stupid losers". :rolleyes:

AJ

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if i'm in the east coast, i'll come too.

jz

·
Registered
646 Posts
I don't care what you drive as long as nobody is a village idiot and acts stupid. Oh and you must chip in for food. That's about it. Its nothing official starting since I'm still in Japan. Jan sometime at the earliest. I might catch up with some Rochester NY people though in December since I'll be getting my car out of storage there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
There's no dislike between what people drive, this club just caters to the 2.5RS, it makes it easy for us to share ideas, tips, etc. Vendors are around only for us, so that makes looking for parts nice and easy.

The I-club in predominently WRX now, nothing wrong with that, its a great car, but it has become increasingly difficult to find parts and other stuff. So, after not visiting here for a while, I decided to try and see who was still interested in bringing the Mid-A up to par on this site.

There is no reason to post this on I-Club, if people want to come over here they can, Iam sure most are happy were they are. Its not a contest either.

Brian, this is Justin by the way.

·
Registered
120 Posts
woohoo!!! its the colmaninator!!! Emporer Justinian.....

Damn yo! I was j/k about the wrx thing, most people on the "other forum" know that I'm kidding.... sorry.. jeeze....

AJ- come on dude, we gotta represent for the 4EAT's all across da world..... :p

--Brian

·
Registered
2003 Legacy L
82 Posts
JZ oo7 said:
200%, i'm think more like 1000%. 200% would be 2 times more right? hope my math is still good. there is like 20,000+ members now over there. i don't even think that subaru sold 10,000 2.5RS from 98-00.

jz
They sold about 11000 IIRC.
98 ~1000
99 ~2000
00 ~4000
01 ~4000

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
squared away said:
Segregation by body styles is absolutely ridiculous. To be that petty and self centered as to not accept people because they drive the WRX?
It's not about accepting the people, as much as accepting the fact that the cars are tremendously different. Different engine, ECU, body panels, seats, guages, tail lights, headlights, etc.

I drive a 1992 Typhoon, and it's based off of the 1992 Jimmy. However, I don't hang out with the Jimmy people because ... guess what ... they are entirely different. Same list as above. Engine, ECU, body panels, seats, guages, okay the tail lights are the same and so are the headlights, but that is about it.

How many other cars are like that? Plenty. Therefore, the RS Club caters to people with the lowly RS and the sparse number of mods for it. Not the WRX because there are too many dissimilarities to do anyone any good.

So... segregation by body styles is a requirement in reality. I personally don't want to wade through WRX, Jimmy, or any other non-identical model list of parts.

That's all.

I think that's the point he is trying to make. If you've got a WRX, great, come hang out, but don't expect to find out what exhaust is best for your car over here because not many of us will know.

Peace.

:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey man your quote from Mario offends me, please delete that and all others from this website :lol:
yeah... yeah thats it! thats the point I'm trying to make! I hate the "dress up" forum on i-club, its 99% WRX body kits.... not to mention the vendor forums....

1 - 20 of 64 Posts