Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to autox and track and wanted to know what's a safe spacer size cause i want to keep my goldie. thank you

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Spacers on stock lugs are not a good idea for track use. People manage to break studs with stock wheels and no spacers. I have used 1/4" spacers on stock lugs for autocrossing, but you have to make sure you still have enough threads on the studs to safely engage the lugnuts. I would never do it on a track. Using spacers that include longer studs is okay for autocross, but I would still be hesitant to use them on track. Bolt in spacers with integrated lugs are (probably) the most safe, but the bearings will not live very long.

How much are you looking to add? Trackwidth is good, to a point. Too much and things start getting screwed up in the steering geometry (ackerman effect, scrub radius, etc...).

·
Registered
93 Imperza L Ameythst
3,165 Posts
theyres more to it than just changing out the hubs
Yes and your point would be? I wasnt saying all you do is put the hubs on, but i will refuse to use spacers cause when you track your car your just asking for blown bearings. And yes its axles, diff and everything in between, but well worth the upgrade.

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
I'm wanting to autox and track and wanted to know what's a safe spacer size cause i want to keep my goldie. thank you
whats your set up now?

look at it this way.... RISK vs REWARD

you risk: bearings, wheel studs

reward: idk alot about auto-x... .2-5 secs...idk
some one else chime in about that one

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
set up now is stock but i'm planning to swap everything over and upgrade all the links and arms, and get full coilovers. and yes probably extended studs.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Probably?

It should be definately....especially if you're going to be swapping wheels on a weekly basis. Nismo or ARP, before you ask. You can head over to nasioc and search the listings of different length studs that fit the subie, and how to get them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts