Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
99 RS coupe
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im looking at getting 5Zigen FN01RC wheels for the gc, But not sure how big i can go. Im willing to do a little fender roll and camber if i have to. anyone run these?

also wanted to add im running megan coilovers and actually want to run a much narrow tire and stretch it over the rim for more clearance.

edit: visual aid

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
1,148 Posts
/\/\/\ Yeah and pics please.
Six cut your self a cardboard template and take an educated guess on the correct offset for what you want. Are you doing 18's or 17's? If your looking for them to be "flush" I think a 18x8 with 40 to 45 offset will get you where you need to be. Don't know if I'd go bigger than 8" tho.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Keep the backspace at or around 6-6.25" and go from there. However wide you go will determine how much you roll your fender or fiddle with rideheights/springs, etc....

Planning this out just to get a certain "look" is not the ideal way to do it....but it's your money.

·
Mobile Diagnosis Guy
97 Impreza L
5,492 Posts
stretch is ghey. I like a flat sidewall...not stretched, not bubbled.

Picking up the wheels in a few hours. Rolling the fenders tomorow night and attempting to put them on. I think I will need new springs though, with less of a drop.

·
Registered
2000 BRP Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
470 Posts
im running 215s on my 8" wide wheel. stock suspension, no fender rolling, no rubbing whatsoever. Not sure if it would be different with a suspension, depends on how much you drop it and how stiff you set it up. when i do coil-overs, im sure i wont have a problem as I like them stiff.

its ok to stretch a little, like mine. but dont get anywhere near the car you pictured unless you are trailoring your car everywhere. those look like they are ready to rip apart as soon as theres some flex in them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts