Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
wonder how much it'll cost vs. the 100-0 time on a 3000lb RS.

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to contact Alcon UK just for shits and giggles and see what the price is. Probably over 10 grand, I bet.

I sent an email to SWRT and asked what their stopping time is from 160 kM/hr to Zero. I wonder if they will respond, maybe they will think I'm a spy for Burns or McRae.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
ampsarus said:
Wonder what the 100-0 time would be on a 3000 pound RS?
:drool:
Bigger brakes won't necesarrily mear shorter stopping distances. I'll bet you can lock up the wheels on your car with the stock brakes, and that's about as good as you can get, even with bigger brakes. You need sticker tires to make a big difference, especially if you put on big brakes. Once your tires have reached thier maximum grip, it doesn't matter how big your calipers are.

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Point taken, Miles.

I didn't say MY RS, but you are right.

I wonder what the stopping distance would be with the best tires in the best environment with the most posible traction.

Anyway, I don't think I would buy them if I could.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Re: Re: How about Alcon/Prodrive 366mm rotors with 6 pot WATER COOLED calipers?

HondaH8er said:
Bigger brakes won't necesarrily mear shorter stopping distances. I'll bet you can lock up the wheels on your car with the stock brakes, and that's about as good as you can get, even with bigger brakes. You need sticker tires to make a big difference, especially if you put on big brakes. Once your tires have reached thier maximum grip, it doesn't matter how big your calipers are.
you are right, i wasn't thinking when i posted. :lol: but i betcha those brakes won't fade for shit. probably can do 100-0 like 100 times before they start giving signs of fade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts