Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5rs
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 98 rs with a jdm 5speed swap from auto and I'm trying to hook the reverse lights up because the previous owner was too lazy to do so, when I hooked them up they just stayed on so I undid them and now my gauge cluster doesn't show my mileage or the parking brake light. I don't know what could've happened when they were working fine before I tried hooking up the reverse lights.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5rs
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried hooking up my obd scanner to see if the sensor code pops up and I'm not getting anything to the plug to turn the scanner on

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5rs
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after digging around and looking through the wire harness, I seen he cut and spliced a bunch of wires (very poorly) to get the manual trans to work. So I'm just going to pick up another ecu and harnes out of a 98 manual forester that way everything should hook up with no issues. The sad part is the guy I bought the car from works at Cosworth in Indianapolis and he does the wiring, I know he works there because that's where I got the car from and he took me and my friend around the shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts