Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 rs w/ EJ205
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
whenever i go over bumps or drive on a dirt road, my RS hood is making crazy noises..just wondering if anyone else have had this problem before and cured it

if it tap on the hood with my hand it does it, its not just the noise from hitting it, but its like the two sheets of metal tapping one another or something similiar...i kinda wish there was just a place to the grease the fucking thing lol

i bought a tube of rubberized crack filler stuff, and im thinking about sealing it along all the edges under the hood...but in case that dont work i'd hate to waste my time..

or if i dont figure this out soon, im gonna buy a can of that spray shit that fills in holes and insulates, (ie. it expands like 10 times itself) hopefully mayeb that would seperate the two pieces of "??" so they wont touch one another, but then maybe the engine will be too insulated and i'll have cooling or heating problems

basically im going into this project without a clue of what im doing, and i just keep making this post longer lol someone help

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,854 Posts
seanski06 said:
i bought a tube of rubberized crack filler stuff, and im thinking about sealing it along all the edges under the hood...but in case that dont work i'd hate to waste my time..

this gets my vote.

assuming you still have the little furry fireblanket under the hood, could it be one of the plastic holders has broken and is smacking the metal? ( i doubt it from what you described).

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,291 Posts
Mine does it (not an rs), but it seems like it comes from the driver side hinge near the windshield. There is rusty powder where it pivots like it moves a lot. It almost sounds like its coming from the windshield, but if I reach around the pillar and push down on the corner of the hood, it stops. Is that what happens with yours?

·
Registered
99 rs w/ EJ205
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have that noise too, but if i hold down on my hinge it still creeks throughout the hood

i'm prolly going to buy newer hinges too to eliminate that noise too

this noise started off small duringt he winter, and now it just keep getting worse..i took off my scoop and vents too to see if it was those and its not....didnt take off the furry thing yet

·
Registered
Evo X GSR, 07 Civic Si
679 Posts
having this same issue and it's making me extremely dissatisfied everytime i drive :(

anybody else tried something different? i'mma go pick up some crack filler then...I'm pretty sure my problem is with the passenger side hood hinge...

·
Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,239 Posts
sounds like you have an aftermarket hood.

they aren't welded together, just folded over

masking and seamsealing the edges might work

the expanding foam may poof out the hood skin and give you an outie(the opposite of a dent)

---

mask if off .25 inch on either side of the seam, spoo the caulk (clear), wipe smooth with your finger, then remove the masking tape while still wet..

PERFECT!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts