Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago I was pulled up to a red light waiting for the light to change when I noticed a vehicle pull up next to me and the guy started to rev the engine up. I looked over and what do I see.......your typical "fast and furious" guy with his decked out DEL SOL and here I am sitting in a basically stock 2000rs sedan. Anyway he continually is reving his engine so the light turns green and guess what happens he forgets that his little del sol is a little lighter than my car and that it has just rained! He sat there and spun as I picked up 8 or 9 car lengths before he moved. hilarious. Oh and if you think that's funny I beat his brother in another del sol....two days later on a bright sunny day. Poor honda owners. Just wanted to give all us RS owners some recognition.:D

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i don't know, but i got eaten by a del sol on a dry day. del sol DOHC vtecs are 160hp, don't forget that.

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
JZ oo7 said:
i don't know, but i got eaten by a del sol on a dry day. del sol DOHC vtecs are 160hp, don't forget that.
Enough out of you. Scrubaru had some damn good kills, and to Honda owners at that. Way to go!

·
Registered
502 Posts
yea rain is the only condition that a subaru will beat a decently modded honda. Hondas cost much less to buy/upgrade.... however they're wrong wheel drive :p

·
Registered
07 wrx
180 Posts
about the del sol me and my friends call them del slows. one of my buddys has one with a dohc swap in it and all this other stuff that coast to much money and we run him all day long!!!!

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i don't want to flame or anything, but why does everyone look down on honduhs? maybe 90% of them are your TFATF look with stock power, but there are 10% of them that aren't. one of my friend raced a civic with his high 13s rx7, the civic kept up with him all the way to 4th gear. i know a couple of guys that own civics with a motor swap and is turbocharged. they aren't really that slow. the del sol i raced with definetly wasn't stock. i also raced a 2000 integra GSR, and i can barely stay in front. once their VTECs kick, they are pretty fast. i know if i raced my friend with the GSR over 1/8 mile, i would've lost. oh, and the GSR was bone stock.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
delete this please...

·
Registered
502 Posts
92+ hatchback ~ $500-2,000
B18c1 (GSR) ~ $2,500
i/h/e/intake manifold/LSD ~ $1,500

RS's are slow, unless you do 3x as much work
I like RS's more than hondas, but i have respect about how easily they are to make fast... I have a friend that "plays" around with his honda.... changes transmission gears, pistons, blocks, all within a days work, and if that doesn't suit his fancy, he'll install something else. Honda's are pretty fun to play "legos" with :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
...and not to mention the impreza wasn't intended for DRAG RACING:chomp:... for chrissakes... :crazy:what's your average speed on a rough gravel stage? ...50 60 mph maybe? :bonk:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts