Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so making the long story short:

I am converting a 95 1.8 fwd impreza into a 2.5 awd impreza.

Fuel tank swapped with no problems, rear end went on perfect, all the holes matched up....

Installed shocks, and this is what i got:

Attachments

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I dont know if it's a bad idea to drive like that, or if i can even finish installing it like that.

Some one told me that i should use 2000 strut tops, but that seems rather wrong.

I need help fixing this. I got 95 rear end, but it's only the tbone and nothing else, i was thinking of taking all the parts around the axle off, and moving to 2000 then converting it to disk brakes, but then again, i dont know if it's duable or not.

HELP!!!! I am falling and i cant get up.

Thanx :whine: :whine::whine::whine:

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
I really can't say what's wrong. Does the sway bar reach the endlink? I wonder if the control arms are different lengthes or if the mounting points are different. I will look at mine tonight and maybe something will reveal itself.

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's been so long since i took the car apart and put it on the bricks, is the shuck supposed to be at such an angle?

Thanx

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Yes the shuck:eek: is supposed to be that way. 'tis normal.

I don't know about the swaybar being so far from the control arm though....It might just be the angles shown.

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright, thanx a lot, they've been just haning there for a long time, i guess i got used to seeing them at a 90 degree angle, scared my self shitless when it turned out like that. And the sway bar is not at the right angle, it's just haning there right now.

Thanx again

PS: any one happen to know the torque specs on the bolts for a 2000 tranny? Need to know how tight the bolts supposed to be.

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
in 2 words

well in short: i am converting a 95 1.8 FWD Auto impreza into 2.5 AWD 5 speed.

I know about the broken end link, i was too lazy to take it off, but i had to mount the bracket as the end link suport goes under the fuel tank funnel thingie. :D currenty the sway bar is just haning there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts