Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I thought I'd taken more pictures of the harness part, but I hadn't. I'm going to have quite a bit more trial and error getting everything to fit, but I'm still on track to finish before winter.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '17 FXT
3,607 Posts
Nice, my rear diff bushings were also toast, but I didn't wanna deal with replacing them so I just used the Beatrush rear diff mount haha.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Yeah, the subframe was originally meant for Artoo, but plans changed and I had a spare GD subframe, so Artoo got that with new rear diff bushings and I had to do something with this :)

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
It's been a while since I posted the progress on Hogan:

Stripped out the interior (Because racewagon?):

Moved the Cusco rear diff brace from Artoo over:

Then Omiotek came over and cut a hole in Hogan's roof:

Then we covered it up with this:

I started putting the black interior in, and made sure to catch another detail:

Tossed Artoo's old STi intercooler on and an SPT intake:

Continued on the interior:

Then realized I had to come up with an INIT connector to tune Hogan, so I kinda made this key:

Once I loaded my new map on, I tried it, and it fired right up! I drove it for a bit when I realized the exhaust I'd used from Toaster was poorly modified to be too long for Hogan. Fortunately, Omiotek was nice enough to cut off the messed up portion of the Cobb catback and weld on a replacement length of pipe with a new flange:

Those welds:

All was right with the world! Until Hogan's radiator puked a week or so later:

Fortunately, I was on the way to a shop anyway, and I ended up just paying them to replace it so I could drive it home. Thanks Six Star!

And here's Hogan now:

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
If it's just barely better than boost, you need to add more boost :) The vent is awesome though! I gotta confess, I had mine before you installed yours and was pretty bummed you got yours installed first!

Hogan's 228K mile short block has held up so far to 14 psi. It's got a lot of piston slap on startup, so I figure the boost will help the rings seal.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Yeah i did his install with minimal air supply and tools. 2 clips were broken but its in place for now and holding up

Glad your happy and to see it up and running well

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Hogan's had a rough winter so far.

I went bombing through a (unknown to me) frozen slush pile at about 40 mph and did a ton of damage:

Ripped the lip off, cracked the bumper paint, force fed the bumper with ice and even bent the passenger side fender.

Then within the same week on the way to Crash's house, I ended up getting hit by a 2x2' sheet of ice blown off some truck in oncoming traffic at about 50 mph:

Blew out a JDM corner and dented the fender.
Waukegan sucks.

I also spotted a few new rust spots on Hogan's roof:

Omiotek and I have been in discussion on how to remedy this, some major work will be taking place.

I also ended up parking next to this travesty during a lunch break at work and instantly felt better about Hogan.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Yeah, I'm glad I noticed them before they got worse. The one by the cross bar is the most concerning. I didn't realize your wagon was rusting!

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
i try to take pics far away so you can't see. :lol: i've got the spots on the roof, and it appears the previous owner covered some up on the ever popular rear quarters. and...i found some decent rust on the frame rails by the trailer hitch mount the other day. :(

it was owned up north for the first 30-40K of it's life before i got it at 60K.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Hogan's rear quarters are atrocious now, but that's what 230K of up north gives you. At least it's been fun mileage!

Your frame rails aren't rusting through are they? For all the exterior rust Hogan has, the underside is fine.

101 - 120 of 137 Posts