Registered
A Blue RS
2,975 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
:facepalm: Sorry, I think I derailed your thread...
It's no big deal, I don't mind derailing, especially if I don't have much to update the thread with anyway :)

whats the story here im confused
how I convinced (or had a huge part) in you buying that 6spd
Yeah, Cliffs Notes are this: I figure out it wouldn't be a huge expense to throw a 6 speed in without upgrading other stuff, Crash finds a cheap 6 speed, I hem and haw about it for a while and finally pull the trigger. Thanks go to Crash for locating that trans for me :)

Haha, I knew you'd do it! (didn't put 2 and 2 together when you asked me for the flywheel though :p) Need a starter too?
Haha, yeah... I kinda fell into the ol' Pezcore "while the car's apart..." mentality :p I should be good on the starters, the 5 speed ones are the same and I have several stockpiled from when I was having trouble with the battery cable.

I got this '05 STI trans for a steal and it's only got 45K miles on it. I happen to have a somewhat busted DCCD controller I may use, a free clutch someone generous gave me, and I can use the current rear end on the wagon :)

·
Registered
2000 Outback Sport (GF4)
49 Posts
This looks very promising. Wish I had the money for a donor car. How did you get that Genuine 22B Vents? I've been looking all over for one.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I got the 22B vents through the demise of a friend's RSTi. It was really sad actually, I'd prefer his car still be around to rock them.

Regarding the donor car, this one wasn't too bad cost wise, but it's high mileage and automatic.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I let a friend autocross Hogan at Saturday's event:

It was sort of a last minute thing, otherwise I'd have thrown some summer tires and the rear sway off the donor car for him.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Some friends came by on Saturday and we made a little progress on the donor.

We got the dash and center console out, and even made a windshield ball!

I ended up sucking up what I could that was left with a shop vac.

Then the neighbor's Pomeranian came over for a visit:

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
We took Hogan out to celebrate our fourth anniversary last night. Suddenly, a wild Grand Cherokee appeared!

Thanks, Grand Cherokee! Basically, we entered into a parking garage behind this guy, he came to a stop, we stopped 10 ft behind him, then he put his car in reverse and backed into us despite my honking at him for 8 of those 10 feet.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
He was just that stupid... He must have had his music up real loud or something, I have no idea.

The donor was from Copart.

21 - 40 of 137 Posts