Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
MY00 Alpine White RS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently stumbled across a peculiar quirk about my my00rs... I recently had my ver5 lip painted and was all excited about putting it onto the car. I read everywhere that all my00s already had predrilled installtion holes in the bumber where you merely inserted the plastic pieces that you put the screws into. Well low a behold that statment is false. Mine does not have any of the predrilled holes for the plastic tabs to be inserted into. Yes thas right I have a my00 and an my99 front bumber. my car was built in july of 99 and is like number 816 in the production run. So what are my options here do I go after soa to try and get the bumber I am supposed to have or do I suck it up and try and drill the holes myself.......let me have your opinions.......

Thanks
Rubasu

·
Registered
MY00 Alpine White RS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody has any thoughts or anything.........

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
just drill the holes man. Just take your time and be careful. Plus.. it's on the bottom of your bumper, so if you screw up it wont be noticeable. I think going to soa would be more hastle than it's worth.

·
Registered
my00 2.5 rs white
330 Posts
well it shouldn't be that hard just don't rush.... shit. pretty strange about your bumper holmes....

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i think you should sell the lip, and buy a c-west or zerosport front bumper. that way, it'll save you from drilling holes. just kidding. yeah, just drill the holes, shouldn't be that hard. it's all about taking your time.

jz

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
hA! you have a 13.2gal gasoline tank!!

I did see the holes in my buddies RS though. They're squared holes...and i was woundering what they where and thought they might be for the Ver. VI lip.....guess i was right!

·
Registered
MY00 Alpine White RS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i quess I will just drill them... I was hoping to maybe get soa to give me the bumber that I am supposed to have because if I had known this a while ago I would have said something at the dealership when I bought it. and no I do not have a 13.2 gallon fuel tank :) . thanks for all the imput. Does anybody else on here have this same situation. oh well

Rubasu

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Would it piss you off if I told you that I have a 99 and I have the pre-drilled holes? Then again its my 2nd bumper cover which I got in Oct-Nov-ish of 99. Huh, maybe I got a 2k bumper cover by mistake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts