Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I'm pretty much surfing the web and then I came upon this article in Autoweek that HKS is "developing" an off-road turbo kit for our car. Well here is the short article:

"HKS, which produces engine, suspension and drivetrain components, used a 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS as a long-term test bed for a bolt-on turbocharger kit, which goes into production next month for off-road racing applications. The kit includes an HKS GT 25/40 Ball Bearing turbo, HKS Racing Turbo manifold, Super Mega Flow intake, intercooler, super sequential
bypass valve, injectors and computerized controls. Running at 12 psi of boost pressure, the test car produces 360 horsepower at the car's flywheel (compared with 165 horsepower in the stock, normally aspirated version). In addition to the engine modifications, HKS added meters and its CAMP (computerized automobile multi player) system so the driver can monitor everything from boost pressure to alarm settings. Other modifications include an Exedy Racing clutch, Brembo brakes, SPT suspension, Schroth racing harnesses, Sparco seats, 18-inch Volk Racing SE-37 wheels with Toyo Proxes T1-S tires and an HKS cat-back Hiper exhaust with a removable baffle."

and here is the link: http://www.autoweek.com/tuners/tuner_main.mv

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
I remember sometime last year at the Shinestreet Meet, some guy from HKS(?) had his car there and was talking about the kit. He said it'd be done by December or so (of last year). I called them and left a message but never got a response.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts