Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'05 2.5RS Wagon
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a deer yesterday, got the estimate done this morning. No one was hurt, car drives just no low beams.

Progressive rep estimated damage at $2,800 (all cosmetic, said it will most likely end up being closer to $3,500 once all is done) I have a $1,000 deductible. I have not signed anything yet, or settled on a body-shop or mechanic.

I have never dealt with insurance companies or had an accident in 16 years so I really want to make sure I do not get screwed over and get the best deal I can -- Or at least going about the procedure without making any newb mistakes here. The rep was really straight forward younger guy. However he didn't start the car or look underneath to check for mechanical damage after I told him there was a rattling and vibration when driving.

(I did the bake open and DIY Halos on the OEM headlights)

Any opinions on these?:

2004-2005 Subaru Impreza WRX LED Halo Projector Headlights | Turbo Metal Reviews

·
Registered
96 L Turbo Wagon
3,641 Posts
If you can still drive it or have another car I would honestly just check the nasioc classifieds for the parts. It looks like you just need a new bumper, fender, and headlight. PSM is a pretty common color so I have no doubt you could even find the parts already paint matched.

·
Registered
'05 2.5RS Wagon
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you can still drive it or have another car I would honestly just check the nasioc classifieds for the parts. It looks like you just need a new bumper, fender, and headlight. PSM is a pretty common color so I have no doubt you could even find the parts already paint matched.
hh

We have a family friend who does restoration work, there is some bent metal behind the light i might have him fix and then just do the rest myself. Then have him paint match if necessary.

·
Registered
2002 WRB WRX
420 Posts
wow $2800 is pretty harsh, half a year ago, I took my car to a local body shop that did pretty good work to fix the driver side fender, replace the driver side headlight, repaint the bumper and driver door, and re-align the driver door. It came out to about $1000.

·
Premium Member
98 RS turbo
234 Posts
i paint at a collision center. it looks like you need about $1000 just in parts. btw, Progressive is not the best to deal with. take it to a respectable body shop and tell them what you noticed wrong with the car(vibration/ noise). they should be able to take care of the stuff that you cant see and charge the insurance company while they are repairing it. remember: an estimate is just that, "an estimate". there will be other parts needing to be ordered after they tear the car apart. if you do it yourself, you could be screwing yourself. ive seen initial estimates of $4000 turn into twice that , easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.