Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...i did. damn emergency brake pulled itself up all by it lonesome. ok, so i pulled the e brake, spun around and checked the curb with the rear passenger side. now i have a shitload of positive camber. i took it to the only open shop in town a 630pm on a friday and they said i bent some knuckle that connects the strut to the wheel area. ididn't see anything wrong when i looked at it when i got it home. anyways. what i'm looking for is maybe a parts listing of all the rear suspension components or if anyone knows the part number or numbers so i can buy it myself and do the work myself. thanks for the help. brian

·
Registered
410 Posts
Call Dale at Teague's Auto (http://www.teaguesauto.com). Not only can he probably tell you what you broke, but is a good parts source as well.

(I don't about the rear, but when the front hits, it's usually the control arms that bend (which usually saves the rest of the suspension).)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hmmmmm....knuckle.
I know that there is a trailing link, and two lower control arms. Probably all three are tweaked. Just my guess. Here is a picture that kinda shows the suspension components.

Attachments

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot for all the help guys. insurance company wants a body shop to take care of instead of paying me to fix it.....go figure. the estimate came to about 1400 bucks worth of shit, including labor. should be done on the 11 of sept. (yeah i know,.. bad day) i cant' wait to get her back. i'm going through some serious with drawl here. my Z-car is in my garage getting it's t3/04 and intercooler, the subaru is in the body shop, and the only car i can drive right now is my freinds damn Chevy Beretta. *sigh* i'm just venting, i want my cars back.*sniff*

·
Registered
63 Posts
I hit a curb a week ago, lucky for me i just shattered my rim. Oh, and i also toasted a wheel bearing. Good luck w/ the repairs.

·
Registered
Silverthorne '01 2.5 RS
25 Posts
What is the status of this? I was told that I too had a bent knuckel but I can't see anything bent at all. How much was the part alone?

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my car was fixed about 2 years ago. all in all the damage was about 1500 dollars. the strut, knuckel, trailing arm, control arm, and some body work from the impact, were all done/replaced.

·
Registered
98 RS Now with more interior!
20,051 Posts
You didn't tell me about this! :curse:

·
Premium Member
95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
1,906 Posts
^^ hahah nice bump.

But on topic, I backed up too close a curb the other day, it hit the back corner of my front lip and ripped the whole side of my bumper out!!! :facepalm: yeah FML

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if he really wants to complain...we can just do a full refund and i'll take the car back..:lol:

·
Read Only
1,119 Posts
Hahaha I'm reading the first post going "He slammed into a curb AGAIN!?!?!?" Then I looked at the date. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts