Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
The story: My dad was driving my car today, and he called me and was like "it was going from 2k rpm to 4k and back while driving, it was like it was trying to do all the driving" I was like "wth, that doesn't happen". He was driving my car to drop it off at my work so when I got back from my van runs I popped the hood and low an behold, my half-assed MAP sensor (stuck in the middle of my manifold where the coil pack should be because of the dumbass I bought it off of) was out of the hole and just hanging over the side of the manifold. My first thought was "arg dirt in the engine"...hopefully not too much shit got sucked in. Anyhoo, I plopped the MAP sensor back in the hole and it's fine now.

The Question: Is there some sort of high-heat sealant or something that I can ensure the MAP sensor stays put and has a good seal?

Thanks ^^

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
Hey guys,
The story: My dad was driving my car today, and he called me and was like "it was going from 2k rpm to 4k and back while driving, it was like it was trying to do all the driving" I was like "wth, that doesn't happen". He was driving my car to drop it off at my work so when I got back from my van runs I popped the hood and low an behold, my half-assed MAP sensor (stuck in the middle of my manifold where the coil pack should be because of the dumbass I bought it off of) was out of the hole and just hanging over the side of the manifold. My first thought was "arg dirt in the engine"...hopefully not too much shit got sucked in. Anyhoo, I plopped the MAP sensor back in the hole and it's fine now.

The Question: Is there some sort of high-heat sealant or something that I can ensure the MAP sensor stays put and has a good seal?

Thanks ^^
i know that any auto part store should sell this high temp selant. its in a red tube. i use it for my exhaust a few times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts