Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Which High Performance Brake Fluid Should I Use?

• Motul

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • ATE Super Blue

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am getting ready to swap my pads (EBC Green) and install SS brake lines (Goodridge), it's also time to flush the brake fluid out and say goodbye to the OEM fluid.

Which brake fluid are you running and why?

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Motul.

Last summer, I ran my SRT-4 in three different open track sessions at Heartland Park in Kansas in one day with no brake issues at all. Then the next day we ran on the autocross track and still had awesome working brakes. I highly recommend Motul.

·
turbocharged mayhem
MBP 03 wrx wagon
1,029 Posts
I use valvoline synpower brake fluid. Its not as good as some of the other stuff, but its cheaper and can be found just about anywhere
503f dry
343f wet

·
Registered
681 Posts
I run the Valvoline stuff in my street car as well. I like to bleed the brakes along with my oil changes and it is a lot cheaper so I don’t mind wasting a bit to keep my brake system at 100% all the time. "Brake fluid unfortunately in not like fine wine"

·
Registered
2000 Imp 5 door Sport
6,269 Posts
what happens if you don't change the fluid for a while will it just lose its edge? or will it become unsafe i don't know much about brake fluid

·
turbocharged mayhem
MBP 03 wrx wagon
1,029 Posts
Brake fluid attracts moisture over time lowering your boiling point. I dont believe dot 5 attracts moisture though.

·
HERO DEEP!!!
Lt. Dan the 2000 OBS
758 Posts
you car comes stock with DOT3, which you SHOULD replace every year, you replace it due to contaminants and moisture absorbtion.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts