Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

361 - 380 of 381 Posts

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,801 Posts
Was it the "Trans Tune"? Haven't even seen that before. Are you auto? Generally Subaru 4eat's don't like being touched unless it has to be done. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
2004 2.5rs-pacifica blue pearl
425 Posts
Woah woah woah... Did you just say sea foam the trans?! :facepalm:
Was it the "Trans Tune"? Haven't even seen that before. Are you auto? Generally Subaru 4eat's don't like being touched unless it has to be done. Best of luck to you.

yes it was "trans tune" sorry should have been more specific.

I saw another member use it on his RS and he is now up over 200k

I noticed no ill effects from it, it seemed to smooth out the shifts a little bit IMO

I will update if anything catastrophic happens!

·
Registered
'00 RS / V5 STI
572 Posts
212,000 Miles on my 2000 RS and it's going strong.

Except the rotors, trans, wheel bearings, slight oil blow by form cylinder 4, blown struts, ECU adjusting things weirdly, bad CV joints, and not-so-great grounds under the dash.

And I still pass people like it's nothing. So yeah, all good.

-TC

·
aka arangov3
Do noffin Foz
2,802 Posts
212,000 Miles on my 2000 RS and it's going strong.

Except the rotors, trans, wheel bearings, slight oil blow by form cylinder 4, blown struts, ECU adjusting things weirdly, bad CV joints, and not-so-great grounds under the dash.

And I still pass people like it's nothing. So yeah, all good.

-TC
I win all my races with with people who don't know they're racing too

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L 312k+ miles
1 Posts
got 295k on stock 1.8 then swapped to a built NA Ej25 with plans to turbo it eventually. now at 312k! running strong and hardly any rust still. especially for a Michigan car

·
Registered
00rs and 97 GF8 L wagon
799 Posts
Got my car at 150k and going on to 400k now on my odometer. It's not original 2.2 engine, tranny, or rear diff anymore but the current one is close to 200k. Its a full 98rs drivetrain swap which mean dual cam EJ25D. Just did the whole timing belt job 3 months ago. I think my car will outlive me unless it's destroyed by an accident.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,740 Posts
I have 254,000 miles on my 95 Legacy, just had to put a new motor in it. Rest of the car is original save for Brakes, Balljoins and Tie Rods.

361 - 380 of 381 Posts