Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

341 - 360 of 381 Posts

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,289 Posts
That's weird, I don't remember that being lit up. It isn't now and never has been as far as I know haha.

I don't have an airbag now thought and has the boss kit in with the fuse. I have a different cluster too.

·
Registered
98 gc coupe L
127 Posts
98 L 2.2 auto 275k all stock got it from the original owner(older women) when it had around 260k no problems tranny shift smooth motor runs great did compression test few weeks ago 180 across all cycl.. i got my manual swap but going to see how many miles i can get out of this.

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
385 Posts
not as much as you chums, but 164k on the stocker 251.. if she lives to see 200k, id love to do an overhaul and see her go another 100k, on what it would have been like @ 0!! fingers crossed..! :lol:

·
Registered
2004 2.5rs-pacifica blue pearl
425 Posts
148k on 04 RS... did HG, Timing belt, water pump and bunch of other things at 137k

Hoping she last me another 150k easily...

maybe some suspension coming soon

·
Registered
1993 Subaru Impreza 1.8L FWD
19 Posts
178k on an ej18 FWD (moar powar + g4s mileag3)

I've but a pretty penny into making her super reliable. I drive it 65 miles a day and would'nt have a second thought driving it cross country. Bought it at 135k, don't know if the water pump and timing belt were done... Ishould look into that.

·
Enthusiast
2001 SRP L
2,513 Posts
my chassis, drivers front and rear door, and motor, all has 282k miles on it. Still driving it to events, still doing 6k clutch dumps.
I never did the head gaskets, i don't know if the previous owner have either.

·
Registered
98 gc coupe L
127 Posts
275k all original got it from a older women yr n half ago for $300 she was the original owner, i got all the subi books the owners manual when i got it wasnt the greatest shape body wise, put alot work into were its at right now it is auto. i do have my manual swap but waiting cause it still runs strong 180 compression across the bored tranny shift smooth

2.2 :)

·
Registered
93 Impreza L Teal?
44 Posts
194K '93 FWD L; needs oil separator and a tune up. Would get 300 miles to a tank if I could keep my foot out of it's arse. Some of my commute is a windy back road and it's too much fun to toss the car around through there.

Also:
294 K '91 Toyota 4Runner
168 K '00 Toyota 4Runner
102 K '02 Honda Civic

·
Registered
93 Impreza L
130 Posts
244K on my 93 L FWD. Doesn't use any oil, save for the very minor seepage from the cam seals.

·
Registered
'95 Impreza 2.2L AWD/4EAT
68 Posts
390k on the car & rear diff, 283k on rest of drivetrain (swapped from a wrecked '98 2.2/4EAT back in '02).

·
Registered
2004 2.5rs-pacifica blue pearl
425 Posts
148k on 04 RS... did HG, Timing belt, water pump and bunch of other things at 137k

Hoping she last me another 150k easily...

maybe some suspension coming soon
Update:

Now has 171k on it and still running strong. Seems to use a bit of oil between changes and bushings are worn out which causes a weird jutter at certain speeds when you let off the gas and the re apply it. Other than that though... runs great. Just replaced crank pulley because the OEM one was falling apart.

Might do a coolant change soon just be safe but probably is not necessary.

Right now it needs a passenger front CV axle

I think it should hit 200k with ease though.

Seafoamed the tranny not too long ago and then changed the fluids and added rest of the seafoam.

Next I will be sea foaming the engine before an its next oil change

341 - 360 of 381 Posts