Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 GM6 EJ207 V7
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help on this one....point me in the right direction if you've seen anything that answers this one already though...

Turn High beams on, low's and fogs go off....don't want none of that, high beams on I want to make the sun jealous. I imagine I'll need a relay of some kind at least......need help with the wiring/setup and I know there are some pros on here.

Low's are HID....4300k 55w I think...
High Beam and Fogs are just the Silverstar normal bulbs...I have to double check the total load but you'll probably already know.

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Aren't GC's H3 bulbs... meaning the lows and highs are the same bulb? You'd need a low/high HID if that's the case. There is not a separate bulb. Therefore, you can't have your lows be on with them.

As far as making your fogs come on with highs, it's technically illegal... depending on state, but I know most are, if not all. Fogs are technically only supposed to be used for slow driving in adverse weather (rain/snow/fog).

·
Registered
98 GM6 EJ207 V7
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not OEM lights, and technically I have a GM series but yes. In this case they are seperate bulbs but only the low beam are HID. In the case of "legal" perhaps I can integrate a switch for when I want them all on and will otherwise act as they do now....

·
Registered
98 GM6 EJ207 V7
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Actually....could I just run an independent power and ground wire to the fogs and low beams to a relay then to a switch and just use that to turn on everything at once? Seems too simple.....

·
Premium Member
2004 WRB WRX Wagon
514 Posts
ORR run a relay off the parking lights to power the fogs. Then anytime the parking lights are on the fogs are on with them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
For the fog, just redo the wiring coming off the button so that it's separate from the wiring from the steering wheel stalk but still runs through a fuse. And for the high+low beam stuff...well I geuss just follow the DIY that was linked.

·
Registered
GF8
938 Posts
Just ground the ballast for your lows to stay on all the time. I'm not sure exactly how the circuit works for frogs so can't suggest anything for that.
I have rep morrettes on my rally car and did this same mod for hi/lo beams at the same time.

-Kurt

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS <Red>
1,197 Posts
This thread sucks.

Stock lights on a GC (chassis) are H4 fwiw.

If you want all your lights on you crappy ebay lights + your fogs on, run independent relays and switches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts