Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up guys. just wondering if any one has ever heard of this site and or ever used them. they claim its german built and has something like a 2 year warantee. http://www.gothidkit.com/. theres the link. thanks

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I buy my kits from www.thexenonstore.com

I had a kit for my SRT-4, Civic, and now my L and never had an issue... plus they have a lifetime warranty.
that looks cool i want the hi and low HID in 4300k but i dont understand the differences between their kits. im on my girls computer so i dont want to open the video and risk getting a virus

·
Registered
98 RBP Coupe, '94 White Wagon
257 Posts
I'd love to see some beam patterns with those installed.

noTe, any chance you could get a couple of pics? Just the standard against the garage door low and high beam shots?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay so heres another request. if any one has the hid hi and hid low kit, what do you thik about it. im getting a lot of contraversy about the hi hid being useless and to stick with a single beam kit.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,086 Posts
I'd love to see some beam patterns with those installed.

noTe, any chance you could get a couple of pics? Just the standard against the garage door low and high beam shots?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I don't have a garage but I'll try and get a camera picture eventually of how bright they are against a wall.

blackbeast said:
okay so heres another request. if any one has the hid hi and hid low kit, what do you thik about it. im getting a lot of contraversy about the hi hid being useless and to stick with a single beam kit.
The only difference is it has a shield so when you want highs the shield moves to show the entire bulb. Then for the lows the shield just goes partly over the bulb... waste of money if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Note your the man. guess im just gonna roll with the single beam when i get money. thanks for your help man ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza Outback Sport
70 Posts
ya majority of HID kits now are china cheap-o's unless you get a philips bosch etc. i've had "klairheit" HID kit on my nissan for about 8 months now haven't had a problem, and my buddy has ran them in his car for over a year and no problem so far. and most of the generic HID kits are worth $65 thats how much my buddy would get them for when he used to sell em.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
185 Posts
i have hi-lows just so i can flash ppl when they cut me off but ya they are useless, the hi are not brighter it just move the bulb slightly up.
http://www.xenithxenons.com/
if u still want hi low these are good, this guys is really nice and fast shipping.

but coming from experience the HID with stock headlights BLOWS, lots of hot spots and uneven disperse of light, but a plus 1 on the cool scale :). If ur patient and save your money the best way to go is the retrofit projectors with the HID kit. 15642132432131321321354351 times better then HID and stock headlights.

u can buy projectors and do them yourself:
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41155

or you can have a pro do them for you:
http://lightwerkz.net/

·
Registered
2000 RS SRP
199 Posts
I've got the "cheap-o" china kits and I like them. Still brighter than stock but probably not as good as a "better" kit I guess. Only issue is that they don't always come on at the same time. My pass. one will usually come on no problems but the driver side one I'll have to switch the lights all the way off before it starts to come on. Any of you guys have any type of problem like this? I also got a kit for my fogs and when I start my remote starter the pass will cut off when the car starts cranking and i'll have to hit the fog light switch off and on once to get it charging up again. Any help?

·
Low&Slow
1965 VW Bug,2001 drz400 sumo
2,942 Posts
i went and got a 6000K H4 low beam kit for th cheapest i could find on ebay. $88 shipped. great pattern, awesome light output and everything compared to halogens. ill get some pictures tonight since i have to pick up my wife from work.

·
Low&Slow
1965 VW Bug,2001 drz400 sumo
2,942 Posts
got some pictures:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts