Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2015 STI Crystal White Pearl
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...here's what i've been building for the past year or so. got some exterior and interior done, and now i'm prepping it for boost. enjoy

before:

after:

inside:

thanks for looking,

joe

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys,

i've sacrificed alot of my family time to put this thing together and now i need a break. i just had the car for less than a year and i still got a shitload of stuff to put on.

joe

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2.5RSsubaru said:
That is really nice you really did a awesome job restoring it. Interior looks bad ass.

i think i'm the first guy to hack the 93-96 dash to put the 97-01 gauge cluster cowl on there.

heh, who says it cant be done. hmph!!

·
Registered
2007 Honda Ridgeline
188 Posts
good on you, thats quite the transformation. you need a legit aluminum hood and a lip and your car would be complete because you already have the go covered. by the way f4 door aspen white ftw!!!!!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SCOOBIEdoo said:
good on you, thats quite the transformation. you need a legit aluminum hood and a lip and your car would be complete because you already have the go covered. by the way f4 door aspen white ftw!!!!!

thanks,

yeah, the front lips don't come around easy, neither are they cheap. i'm also looking for a coupe wing at the moment. gotta love aspen white!!

joe

·
Registered
stm99,flatblack99,07sti,blk98
566 Posts
whered u get that turbo and how did u get the black side molding off.. do u have to re paint it?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
xilles said:
whered u get that turbo and how did u get the black side molding off.. do u have to re paint it?
the turbo is an IHI VF11 off of a legacy turbo. i had plans for a twin setup but it never worked out. plus i wouldve spent more on it.

as for the mouldings, i just put aluminum body tape on the holes, sanded them down smooth w/400 grit sandpaper, and then applied some bondo to give it strength. and yes you'd have to re-paint it. bye-bye nasty looking molding strip.

joe

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
heres my first GC back in 2000. i also had some exterior bits and was going to do a swap in 2003. i had to sell it though because i had good chunk of debt at the time.

joe

94 impreza L before:

after:

joe

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,208 Posts
Awesome buildup dude. Kinda looks like mine... only better.

How was it getting parts shipped to Hawaii? Do you know where one might have to look to get info on shipping a car there (from the continental US)?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts