Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the recent time outs and stuff over at i-club, can you tell me where the buttons/tabs for locking, time out-ing, banning are on the BB display(is it next to like the banish button)? Or can you post a pic of your screen and show me what your contol panel or display looks like? Thanks I'm just kinda curious!

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
There is no real "time out" feature of the club, per se, that I have seen. What I suspect they have done is to create a user group that disallows a person from posting anything when they are in that group. They also have to set "permissions" on each of the forums as to who is allowed to post, or not.

So when someone is going to go on time-out, I could go to the control panel, then select the user, then move them from the "Registered Users" group and into the "Timed out" group (or whatever they call it). Other groups include "Guests" (cannot post), and "Users waiting confirmation" (people who just signed up, waiting for the welcome email and link to click therein), "Moderators", "Administrators", and a few others I can't remember right now.

If I really wanted to get pissy I can use VBB to block a certain IP address, but since so many IP addresses are dynamic that does not work too well. Using my firewall, however, I could block a whole range of IP addresses or an entire ISP and that would be that.

However, I don't seem to have the same problems over here that the I-Club has - namely people picking on each other like crazy - so I don't see a need to ban or time-out people. If stuff does go crazy, I just move the entire thread to the fight club and then it almost always seems to lose steam. I don't mind if people want to fight, just not in the "informative" forums like General, Forced Induction, etc. Basically, if someone wants to be a bitch, I don't care, but I will put it somewhere appropriate. And hence why I think I don't see posts that rip on some poor guy over here, like this one:

http://forums.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=239809

My opinion? Probably a Hispanic or Asian person who is doing a darn good job of getting his message across. But someone jumped on him for his grammer. And yeah, I hijacked his thread for a moment, too, but you know! :lol:

I think if I were running the I-Club I would have PM'd the guy who harped on the grammer and said to please knock it off. However, if the owner of the thread fought back, I would move the whole thing to a "Bitch Session" forum or something like that. End of problem. :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oooooh!!! So that's is how it works... so it is NOT an innate function of VBB to time out and ban people... interesting to say the least...

And you can block a whole RANGE OF IP addys and/or and entire ISP?!?!

DAMN!!! That's pretty HUGE...:checkit:

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Grammar, grammer, grammy, whatever.

But yeah, I have a real setup. I can block just about anything I want. However, that is not part of VBB, just part of my firewalls that I use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts