Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, just wanted to say hi. I think i'm going to make rs25.com my home now. I sold my WRX for a 2.5RS, and i-club just isnt the same. So i'm making my home in a smaller, more descrete, less heads up their, ahem, group. I've been parusing this board for a while, and so this is now my home. Anywho, I look forward to hearing from all my norcal peeps. later

Guipo

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
welcome, and you will hear from me! i try to contribute more than anyone else in this club.

·
Registered
RIP: MY00 BRP 2.5RS Sedan 4EAT
1,582 Posts
yah... everytime i go here all i see is "JZ oo7" :rolleyes:

so is everyone going to move here now??

wow sold a WRX to get a RS :eek: good way to go ;)

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
welcome buddy! you'll hear a lot from me too! :lol: but i've been busy lately so jz has to do the job for me. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well

I really loved my WRX, but to be honest, I think i needed to be humbled. As with alot of WRX owners I got too big of a head. And you know what, i've drooled at the RS since it came out, gold wheels and all, and I think its a great way to go. But hey, another owner in the San Joaquin Valley, thats pretty awsome. But anywho, you'll see me around the board.

Guipo

·
Registered
'00 BRP RS Sedan, '04 FXT PSM
219 Posts
What year RS did you get? I'm assuming a '98 since you've got the gold wheels. Welcome. Even though I drive a Legacy Turbo Wagon I'm here. My g/f has the RS.

-Brian

Edit: I didn't even see your signature. So you can strike the question about what year. Do you have the '98 rims?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, i've been drooling over the RS since 97 though, when they started, with the gold wheels. THere are gold wheels for sale here and there tho. But yea, i have silver. Which i like anyways. :)

Guipo

·
Registered
'00 BRP RS Sedan, '04 FXT PSM
219 Posts
My favorite RS wheels are the '99s. I would love to get a set for my legacy, which is still rocking the 15's unfortunately.

-Brian

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i actually wanted to get the WRX rims, but my wife veto'd that. :( But hey, if you ever get 16's and i like them, we can trade:D . yea, i like my RS. I want to make it fast now. ehhehe. you know what, its quick enough to be fun, thats all that matters. Someday, i'll boost it. really, i will. :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you know, i have a dream. to own a car more than 10 years. I want to own the car until i can completly upgrade everything in it. new engine, tranny, etc. I havent been able to do that with any of my other cars. I dunno, when my kids in high school, or maybe my grandkids, i'd love to still own this car. old iron...heh. by then of course it'd be a beast, you know, sti engine, tranny, etc! :)

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Guipo said:
you know, i have a dream. to own a car more than 10 years. I want to own the car until i can completly upgrade everything in it. new engine, tranny, etc. I havent been able to do that with any of my other cars. I dunno, when my kids in high school, or maybe my grandkids, i'd love to still own this car. old iron...heh. by then of course it'd be a beast, you know, sti engine, tranny, etc! :)
then it'll become a classic, wait a minute, holy shit, the impreza body style is almost 10 years old. anyways, by then you probably spent over $70,000 on the car already. :lol:

i like the gold wheels more than the silver, but people are selling them at very high prices. for the price that i'm going to pay for them, i would rather get rotas or something better.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Daios said:
yah... everytime i go here all i see is "JZ oo7" :rolleyes:

so is everyone going to move here now??

wow sold a WRX to get a RS :eek: good way to go ;)
what are you talking about? i'm rarely posting on this site :lol:

yea, selling a WRX to go to a RS is a good way to go.

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
took me a year to realize I should have gotten a 5speed. After that, took me another year + a year before to look into turbo kits. Just few months ago, I started to collect turbo kit parts. Yes, I am cheap. And yes, I am poor. And yes, I pay for my own shit! And yes, SOMEDAY, I too, will boost it! :D

good pick bro! RS rocks!! :D

Guipo said:
Someday, i'll boost it. really, i will. :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
seriously

think about all those mustang owners, who wished they'd never sold their 1964 1/2 stang. I mean, a 02 WRX would of had more notoriety. But its more for me, not what people think of what I have. And yes, 20 years from now, it will be a classic. Sort of. :) But in any case, by then, it most certainly will have some flavor of WRX drivetrain in it, unless i decide to build up the 2.5. Which I have thought of. In any case. Can you tell I really love my car? :)

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
iBlueVirus said:
took me a year to realize I should have gotten a 5speed. After that, took me another year + a year before to look into turbo kits. Just few months ago, I started to collect turbo kit parts. Yes, I am cheap. And yes, I am poor. And yes, I pay for my own shit! And yes, SOMEDAY, I too, will boost it! :D

good pick bro! RS rocks!! :D
i'm poor too leo, and i pay for my own shit too. can you hook me up with some turbo parts too? hahahaha!!!

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i'm thinking about selling the car and getting a 1.8L miata, and TC.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts