Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well unless we can figure out the wiring on my version 8 swap tomorrow... It looks like Ill be looking for some help doing the job.

Car is a 98 2.5RS, installed is a full JDM v8 drivetrain swap. Have full harness minus the under hood fuse box.

Car needs to be done by June 7th...

I would send the harness off, but ya know Im kinda tight on money right now...

Im looking for someone to help, do it for free, do it for beer/food, or do it for a reasonable price.

Car is a shop car so we could work something out Im sure.

Thx
-CB

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Forester Sports XT
16 Posts
Test ride?

I really hope the car comes together for you soon.

If you don't mind, I'd like an opportunity to get a test ride in your swapped v8 RSTi. I'm thinking about swapping in a STi v8 engine with STi v7 non-DCCD tranny into my WRX Wagon. I'd like to know how the v8 STi engine feels.

I'd also be interested in knowing how you're financing this swap. I was thinking about getting my car done through ECS...take a week off, drop off the car at their shop and bum around Boston while they work on my car.

Just let us know what you think once everything is all said and done. :)

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Morris Motorsports.

8,000 loan, +3k in random parts= expensive rs lol.

You can drive it once its running good, should be next week seeing Ive decided not to take it o OC. I didnt even hook the DCCD up, it runs something like 65-35 without the controller.

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All other swaps haha... We're just trying to figure out te wiring... I wana drive my car arrrrg. We've been on the phone several times with ECS and AndrewTech and they are both great help :)

We've figured teh wiring out... Just gota get the time to do it...most likely starting Monday.

Once we had all my parts, the car went together in a matter of several hours.

·
ECS *****
500hp Unicorn #142
298 Posts
MilesToEmpty said:
All other swaps haha... We're just trying to figure out te wiring... I wana drive my car arrrrg. We've been on the phone several times with ECS and AndrewTech and they are both great help :)

We've figured teh wiring out... Just gota get the time to do it...most likely starting Monday.

Once we had all my parts, the car went together in a matter of several hours.

I recall a call from you guys, but i don't remember the solution to your problem, what was it ?
-Paul

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Paul you talked to Jey like 3-4 times now.

Basically we got wire the insides of the car to my version 8 harness... We've got it planned out so far... and still planning, but we have both ran out of time for several days lol.

Expect to hear from us again :p

·
Registered
08 Legacy, 93 L w/ej20g
1,230 Posts
hey man how is it going? i might have time tuesday afternoon/evening to help. are you taking out both harnesses and merging them outside of the car? did you make sure your wiring diagrams were the same? and what did you do about the alternator plug?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts