1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
black&low 2000 subaru impreza
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys new to the forum

here is my subbie,

anyways came to get some advise on lowering springs... pretty much just want some suggestions. not really going for performance. im going for looks . i want it to be low, and something that wont hurt the bank !

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
If you're going low, you'll ruin your stock struts. How many miles on them so far?

Even if you get replacements, or KYB Excel-G, etc.. super low lowering springs will ruin them in no time.

I'd go with a spring at lowers moderately and evens things out that won't kills struts. GF210's were good for me... I currently have Epic Engineering, which are basically the same as Prodrives.

Swift is another good brand.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
not necessarily true. my rear agx have only recently blown. they have never been at stock ride height. have been on intrax 75% of their life, which, along with the H&R are the lowest you can get. i've had them since 2002.

the excel/gr2's are supposed to be stronger built and more apt to handle the added stress of going low.

to the OP: find some H&R's. the drop is nice. they handle well. and will look good doing both. when the stock struts die, get some excel G's.

·
Registered
black&low 2000 subaru impreza
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not necessarily true. my rear agx have only recently blown. they have never been at stock ride height. have been on intrax 75% of their life, which, along with the H&R are the lowest you can get. i've had them since 2002.

the excel/gr2's are supposed to be stronger built and more apt to handle the added stress of going low.

to the OP: find some H&R's. the drop is nice. they handle well. and will look good doing both. when the stock struts die, get some excel G's.

thanks any particular site you recommend ordering from or is ebay good >

1 - 5 of 5 Posts