Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay heres the story. i bought the module and wires from a fellor rs member. im installing the thing on my 99 obs. i plug every thing in and the alarm automatically goes off. the box is clicking and my lights are flashing so it works right? now i dont know how to program it. ive read all the threads for it and i keep getting push the "programing button." what the F*^k is the programming button :letitout:lol. i dont know what to do now somebody please help. thanks in advance guys

· Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
703 Posts
Yeah, I looked for it for hours one night, with no luck. Then I found it on my buddies rs, and saw the brown wires. When I went to look at mine I saw two brown wires with no switch, no wonder I never found it! Anyways, if you don't have the switch, touching the brown wires together does the same thing until you can get a new switch on there. I didn't know that was a programing switch though, good to know.

· Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I looked for it for hours one night, with no luck. Then I found it on my buddies rs, and saw the brown wires. When I went to look at mine I saw two brown wires with no switch, no wonder I never found it! Anyways, if you don't have the switch, touching the brown wires together does the same thing until you can get a new switch on there. I didn't know that was a programing switch though, good to know.
i gues im in the same boat. well at least im not going completely insane. i just dot know how to stop the alram from going off when i plug it in. ive tried the on off 3 times thing, unles im doing something wrong. thanks for the input guys ive been swamped lately

· Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
703 Posts
i gues im in the same boat. well at least im not going completely insane. i just dot know how to stop the alram from going off when i plug it in. ive tried the on off 3 times thing, unles im doing something wrong. thanks for the input guys ive been swamped lately

When you plug what in? I had a problem once when I disconnected the battery, I couldn't put the cables back without the alarm going crazy. After a few hours of receiving help from the good ol' rs25.com crew, I learned to turn the ignition to the "on" position, which is the last place it will stop before the motor turns over. After it's chilling there, I reconnected the battery. The end. No alarm going off, I started the car, everything was back to normal.

I'm not sure if that will help you unless you need to disconnect the battery to reset something and then go through that process to start it up again.

Did you find the two brown wires (which hopefully had a switch attached to them)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.