Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 2.5rs
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The backlight on my AT shifter no longer lights up. As you can imagine this is pretty awkward at night where i have to put my map lights on to see what gear i'm in.

I've taken apart the centersole to look for loose wiring and didn't find any, also checked out all the lighting related fuses and they are ok.

Do you guys have any other ideas?

98 Impreza RS

·
Registered
98 2.5rs
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Initialdaddict said:
Um... you haven't memorized the shifter positions yet?

Nope and after a near miss i don't think i'm gonna try :wtf:

As far as getting at the bulb, any little tips or warnings i should know about or is it just a matter of unscrewing what ever screws i see till i find it?

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
RoachX said:
Nope and after a near miss i don't think i'm gonna try :wtf:

As far as getting at the bulb, any little tips or warnings i should know about or is it just a matter of unscrewing what ever screws i see till i find it?
Yeah, just basically start unscrewing stuff. Doesn't hurt to pull the e-brake before you begin though, just in case. :)
On my '93 its was bulb #194. Probably the same on your '98 but who knows.

·
Registered
98 2.5rs
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aegean93l said:
Yeah, just basically start unscrewing stuff. Doesn't hurt to pull the e-brake before you begin though, just in case. :)
On my '93 its was bulb #194. Probably the same on your '98 but who knows.

Thanks gotta a little time before it gets too dark outside gonna see if i get at it now.

·
Registered
98 2.5rs
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
err..... how do i remove the shift knob so i can lift the housing up to look at the underside where the light bulb is?

·
Registered
98 2.5rs
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grrr took of the two screws on the shifter but still no luck, guess i should find a service manual before i break something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts