Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1998,2.5rs,RED
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so, i am so confused how many types of imprezas there are and which ones have been the best. i know of the 22b,p1,Subaru Impreza STi V Limited Type R Special Edition V5,STi Type RA Spec C,STi S202 Limited Edition,STI 330S Special Edition,sti spec-c,WRX STI Spec C Type RA-R. I need help explaining which ones are in america? which ones are the best? and which ones have i missed? is there and site to explain everything or a complete history rundown?

·
Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
2,724 Posts
I'm gonna go out on a limb on this one but most likely something with an EJ22 as far as reliability goes.

·
Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
2,724 Posts
No, an EJ22 is a N/A 2.2L found in 90's imprezas and legacys.

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
lol...its kinda impossible to answer that question......which do you like the best?

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
highest HP impreza sold by scoobie dealers in the US was that one red STi, forget what they called it. From outside tuning company.

I know it was red w/ white stripes, ESX ASX? Something like that.

EDIT: Found it:
http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0503tur_subaru_esx_sti/index.html

Afshar signature series.

Outside of the U.S. though, the 22B reigns supreme. Unless you get prodrive involved, then the P2 reigns supreme, but they never actually built it (they built one of them to prove they could, but that was it... it was damn quick though). Then there are the ones I dont pay attention to (new age) in non-american trim there are many, but there are many GC's in special edition too, just not in america.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
www.iwoc.co.uk has a lot of Impreza history, as well.

I think the best one so far was the S204 in Japan. That is, until they build an S205 on the new platform.... if they do...

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts