Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000, Subaru Impreza RS, WRB
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I purchased a set of GC tubs from Rumble Garage on December 3rd, and still haven't received anything yet. The guy has a YT channel, Instagram, and Facebook page so he seemed pretty legit to me... but he hasn't been responding to my messages since February even though he is constantly online! Seems like he is purposefully ignoring my messages.
I know of one other person who is in the same situation, but I haven't found anyone who has successfully received a set of tubs either.... we are slowly getting worried that it may be scam.

Has anyone ordered anything from him? Had any contact with him?
What do you guys think of this situation, and what would you do if you were in my shoes?

Thanks ?

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,289 Posts
Is it too late to dispute the charge? If not I'd do that. Then see what he has to say.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
That's annoying. Aren't the rumble tubs just glorified trailer fenders anyway?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it too late to dispute the charge? If not I'd do that. Then see what he has to say.
I think I have until May to dispute the transaction, so I wanted to give this guy a chance to pull his sh** together and ask around if anyone had dealt with him before.
Worst case that's exactly what I will have to do.

That's annoying. Aren't the rumble tubs just glorified trailer fenders anyway?
Yeah I guess so, in Europe they are much harder to find though, and they all look crappy. The cool thing with his tubs is that the edges were much rounder than typical trailer fenders which not only looks better but is also more practical.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey guys so I've just come across a post from Rumble Garage submitted 18h ago, I've quoted it below for reference.
Honestly I feel sorry for him, I know what it's like to work your 4ss off day after day and slowly being drawn away from your family because you simply can't keep up any more.
I really hope he gets back on his feet alright and keeps doing what he loves with the people he loves.

That being said, I still have no information about the tubs that I ordered, so if PayPal decides to cancel the transaction I'll just have to order some different ones.
At least we know that he's not a scammer, just got fed up and now trying to complete the remaining orders so he can move on. Nothing wrong with that, I just wish he would have communicated this earlier to his current customers.

Anyways here is his post:
"So quick heads up. I'm deleting my Facebook business page, and Instagram. Honestly I just don't care to manage it anymore. Also don't care about popularity anymore! Over it. Gonna focus on finishing my projects, and most importantly "FAMILY". I've come to the realization that you can't make everyone happy. I miss my family a ton! So, I'm done! I've asked for help many times!! Had people show up to help. Just to bullshit, and watch me work all day. I can't afford to stop and teach. I'm killing myself with all the hours I work! No longer will I make tub kits, relocation kits, custom parts, full builds, etc. If you placed an order, or made an appointment. Stay patient. They will be filled, and your car will be finished. I've been ignoring my messages mainly because I'm fed up. I'm gonna finish what I have left, and "maybe" rebrand the business later down the road. Majority of you I've helped have given me literally zero recognition! Instead you choose the Facebook clout of look what I did today. Without explaining first, how I spent all morning or day holding your hand through text message (For Free)!! If you think I'm talking about you. Yup! Good chance I am. I can't keep track of all the people I help/helped. But, when I need it. It's freaking cock roaches! Too easy! Problem solved. You don't get to see what Bill is doing anymore!! Let me know how making your own parts goes with all the non existent expensive tools You "Don't" own. Also let me know how that goes with all the experience you don't have. I'm sure you see another angry rant on Facebook.....Nope! Just fed up. "

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Sounds like the typical douchebaggery, I don't feel sorry for him at all.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still haven't heard back from PayPal after disputing the transaction, I'm guessing they're having trouble contacting Rumble Garage too ?

On the other hand I've gone ahead and ordered a set of tubs from Mr Mudguard
They have the largest range of sizes and shapes from any website that I've checked out, so for anyone looking to buy tubs I'd recommend MrMudguard ✌

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paypal has been unable to contact Rumble Garage, therefore they have just refunded me the full amount ??

This case is now closed and I certainly won’t be doing business with him anytime soon!

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,311 Posts
Yep, that seemed more like a sympathy rant. I can understand busting your ass to make parts for people, but it's not their fault when you can't fulfill orders. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the shop something something.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys
Sorry for reopening an old case, but new elements just came in. Someone complained on RumbleGarage's latest instagram post that they haven't received their tubs after 8 months of wait. After replying that I was in the same situation, RumbleGarage finally decided to message me. Here is the conversation:

Personally this is the biggest BS that I have ever heard... I'd be curious to hear what you guys think about it.
Also, he's just blocked me on instagram so yeah that shows how big of a man he is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts