Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2001 rs2.5.. I'm looking to make it as fast as possible to keep street legal iv looked into an allmotor build with ITB setup I'm just not sure if this is even a good idea on a subaru. I know turbo would definetly build me some power but just trying to stay away from the turbo. My question is which setup would be better of course turbo could build more power buuut could an all motor build with ITB setup create the same speed with less horsepower. I'm looking to go with a cosworth 2.6 strokerkit and basically anything extra to make it fast just don't know what? And another question let's say I make around 550 horsepower I don't want to be having to rebuild my transmission and rear end every other week what kinda idea can someone give me?? PLEASE HELP!

·
Banned
1993 Nissan Skyline GTR32
200 Posts
Why are you going the route of individual throttle bodies? If you don't want to rebuild your tranny and rear end (I'm assuming you mean diff) then I'd recommend just going with an STi swap and using their foundation to setup your engine from there on out. As far as I know, a 6spd tranny would be better than your current 5spd anyway. At the end of the day, it's a 2.5L N/A.. you won't get your money out of it, and w/ the sti swap you at least get to go turbo and can increase **** from there on out. With our 2.5 motors, you're pretty limited.

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
have you set a budget for this? Aside from the Cossie strokers being for the turbo engines (yes, a stroker can be done on your engine too, just not that one) ITB, stroker and standalone alone (required for the ITB unless you fab an airbox, and that goes back to cost factor), you won't end up with much change from $10k in parts. Thats without any fuel related items, or drivetrain parts. With your ancillaries (suspension, and of course install and tuning), this will be a ~ $60k car...plus the car, without breaking a sweat

You're not making 550 hp on an non turbo Impreza. Drivetrain parts don't really care about hp anyway, they care about torque. At that power level, 6 speed swap

As for your NA vs Turbo, how are you defining "same speed"? Drag race trap speed? 0-60?

·
Registered
1998 BMW M3
2,657 Posts
I installed a high output ITB engine in my car in 2009. It was great; cost was high (10k). I didn't open the engine; it was all stock internally; install + tuning on standalone made up more than half the cost. S54b32

You need 3200cc and 6 cylinders but it makes 300rwhp on pump gas.

Also faster than my friends STi's on the top end; 08 sti was lost @ about 130mph; the 06 pulled with me to about 170mph

What kind of car was this? Not a subaru.

Engine was a iron DOHC straight 6 with high cams and forged crank/forged rods/CNC Mahle pistons,11.5:1 compression; bucket less valve train; 30 degrees +/- vario adjustment on both cams, 8400rpm redline with semi-dry sump,

Subaru + super uber ultimate power + hella high speed pulls = death to subaru engine.

For 500 wheel hp club use pick something better to start with; a gc8 is useless for street use above 300 hp to the wheels; easily achieved with a basic bolt on swap (the only way a subaru is reliable)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts