Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to verify that I have the transmission installed correctly. The driveshaft ends up very close to the bottom of the gearshift, maybe an inch or less below the bottom of the plastic "socket" that the gearshift fits in to and about the same below the bottom of the bushing that bolts to the back of the transmission tunnel. Is that correct for it to be that close or should the back of the transmission be lower? The driveshaft appears to be nice and straight.

Working on an '01 2.5RS that was originally an automatic and had a [email protected] manual conversion with the transmission from a '98 Impreza L. It just had the front transmission mount installed with a piece of metal bolted to it and going back to the transmission mount and no rear transmission mount at all. I am dropping in the entire drive train and clutch hydraulics from an '02 Outback. I ended up with the front transmission mount from the '01 RS, the center one from the '02 Outback and the rear one from the '99 Legacy. The Outback front and rear mounts would have dropped the transmission about an inch lower. But if the center one is too high, then the whole transmission would sit too high. Want to make sure this is correct before dropping the engine in. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts