Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy I work with has a 2nd generation RX7 with a few mechanical problems. Can any of you recommend a shop in the L.A. area on north Orange County that has experience with the rotary besides a dealership? He’s not looking for a performance shop, just a shop that knows the RX7. I appreciate any help, thanks.

-J

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
I can give you recommendations up here in Oregon...darn I miss my RX-7 now!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
if you send him to MO, i know most of the rwankel heads here. in fact, i crew for one of the biggest :) what's the problem with the car? apex seal or o-ring? ;)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10th Warrior said:
if you send him to MO, i know most of the rwankel heads here. in fact, i crew for one of the biggest :) what's the problem with the car? apex seal or o-ring? ;)
Don't know... he described it as "sucking air" I told him that sounded like a good thing for a motor to do :lol:

I am going to drive it after work.

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
There's a place near Eagle Rock that specializes in Mazdas. I've seen them work on a 3rd gen RX-7. Not sure what they had to do with it though.

·
Registered
'98/'04 Forester S/XT
17 Posts
MazdaTrix

IIRC, MazdaTrix is in Long Beach, and Tri-Point Engineering in Canoga Park.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Tall J said:
Don't know... he described it as "sucking air" I told him that sounded like a good thing for a motor to do :lol:

I am going to drive it after work.
sucking air? vacum leak? does the car idle? does it start? what's going on? my friend has a 89 TurboII. if you can describe the problems, i think my friend would be able to figure out what's going on. he changed 2 motors, one tranny, 2 snails, a raditor, and other stuff in 3 years

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
JZ oo7 said:
sucking air? vacum leak? does the car idle? does it start? what's going on? my friend has a 89 TurboII. if you can describe the problems, i think my friend would be able to figure out what's going on. he changed 2 motors, one tranny, 2 snails, a raditor, and other stuff in 3 years
gotta love the price to pay with rotary :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts