Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn where the hell is every one i got a 99 2.5rs wiath a forced tech stage 3 turbo in the mail a light weight flywheel and an act clutch what the hell does every one else run

·
Registered
338 Posts
got me beat.:drool: 97 obs with 2.5 block 2.2 heads, borla header,custom bent 2.5" exhaust, factory clutch upgrade, havent gotten the muffler yet but its in the works. custom short throw shifter.

·
Registered
338 Posts
well me to for about 4 weeks, or untill i get my tax return. but i almost have everything rebuilt and to gether.

·
Registered
338 Posts
why couldnt you? you can do anything if you have enough money. thats what it gets down to.

·
Registered
00 RS, 99 fozzy & 04 rex
1,086 Posts
reading ur sig...and i am a lil confused.....GC8...turboed...caged and flared....is that the yellow one? and if so what motor u running in that beast?

·
Registered
338 Posts
being easy takes the fun out of building the cars up. sure i have driven a few wrx's and they are a nice car, turbo lag is hard to get used to but i would rather line up to a wrx in my obs and kick the crap out of him. not going to happen right away but it will some day. thats what makes this a life long hobby and i love every second of it.

·
Registered
2000 GC8 - Flared/Caged/Turbo'
75 Posts
lol.. I keep forgetting I'm on a GC8 board. Just screwing with you guys.

Block is an EJ22T with 2.5 SOHC heads. Management is Tec-2.

I can relate to the turbo lag issue. Currently running a T3/T4. Step on the gas and go get a coffee.

Lost my sleeper appeal awhile ago. The sponsor sticker, the flares, and the color took care of that.

Fitz

·
Registered
223 Posts
Fitz- Was there a big difference in lag going from the high compression 2.5 to low comp. 2.2 hybrid? Or is it due to the T3/T4? Your running a Minnam kit, right?

I ask because I just sent payment for a used minnam kit. I'll be putting it in a 97 OBS. I have a legacy turbo motor sitting in my garage, but it needs to be torn down and completely rebuilt (the block that is). Just wondering what difference the compression will make. On my brother's L there was no real difference in lag between the 1.8 and 2.2t. Which makes me think it's turbo related. If that's the case I'll be expecting quite a bit of lag on the 2.2.

·
Registered
2000 GC8 - Flared/Caged/Turbo'
75 Posts
Fitz- Was there a big difference in lag going from the high compression 2.5 to low comp. 2.2 hybrid? Or is it due to the T3/T4? Your running a Minnam kit, right?
*nods head*... while the 0.3 liters of displacement may not be noticeable, the 10.5 compresion motor to the 7.8:1 compression motor is very noticeable. Doesn't help that I have a turbo the size of my head either. Looking to fix the lag problem sometime in the near future.

wish i had some of that stuff to work with.
*shrug*..... bought almost all of it used. Ebay... NESIC... Between Charlie North, Wayne Chin, Ryan Catucci and plenty others, the labor hours are endless.

Fitz

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey man i live in wells maine but im down in phoenix arizona goin to school right now how thats gt go i bet its a kick in the ass

·
Registered
719 Posts
geoff999 said:
damn where the hell is every one i got a 99 2.5rs wiath a forced tech stage 3 turbo in the mail a light weight flywheel and an act clutch what the hell does every one else run
Hooked on phonics is your friend.

·
Registered
719 Posts
geoff999 said:
whats that aboot man ????
Just pointing out that your grammar and sentence structuring sucks. I'm all for getting your point across with as few words as possible, but that was anything but coherent.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts