Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Gunmetal Widebody 3.3RS
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title states, I got this off a parts car I had, and do t recall the seller saying what xmember this was. The rear is my rs one. I think its a wrx, but idk. If I've had a turbo xmember sitting here for 3+ yrs I'm gonna trip out, lol...

Can snap a better pic if its required..

·
Registered
01 Impreza 2.5RS, 95 Civic VX
3,762 Posts
Need to see the bottom to properly id the frame. It's a GD frame for sure because of the mounting for the front section frame.

·
Registered
R56 Cooper S
1,046 Posts
Need to see the bottom to properly id the frame. It's a GD frame for sure because of the mounting for the front section frame.
Are you talking about that bracket/bolt that sticks out towards the front on both ends? What exactly is that for? I've been wondering that since I did my swap. It slightly hits a part of the body under the car and wondered if I should just cut it off.

·
Registered
01 Impreza 2.5RS, 95 Civic VX
3,762 Posts
Are you talking about that bracket/bolt that sticks out towards the front on both ends? What exactly is that for? I've been wondering that since I did my swap. It slightly hits a part of the body under the car and wondered if I should just cut it off.
Yes. This is what also gave the GD chassis a certain % stiffness over the GC body. Fyi, that hugh U frame won't work on the GC body.

From what I know from the STi model.

This is a 04 F. subframe.

And this what the 05+ F. subframe looks like.

·
Registered
R56 Cooper S
1,046 Posts
So on a gd, it has that u frame, then the xmember bolts to that?
More like, the crossmember bolts to the chassis, just like the GC, and then the u-frame bolts to the crossmember, and at a bunch of other points going towards the front of the car to stiffen up the front end.

·
Registered
1995 WRX 2015 F150
1,873 Posts
Yeah cut it off if using a gd crossmemeber in a gc. It's useless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts