Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP! Changing 4 pot brake pads

hey guys i'm in the middle of changing my brake lines and i'm a bit lost on how to get the stupid clip thing off the strut.. and off the connection to the car. I have the caliper off since i'm changing to 4 pots right now as well so it's dripping fluid very very slowly but i need help now..!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please

Thanks

Robert:stupid:

i edited the title. i need help with installing the brake pads now.. heh after this i'm pretty sure i'm good to go.. thanks..

·
Registered
796 Posts
He doesn't have exact SS brakeline instructions, but I think North Ursalia has instructions on gettin the clips off on his page here.

H

·
0 Posts
Just grab it with pliers and slide it off. Or if you don't have pliers handy, push it off with a screwdriver. It's tight, but you can get it. I think I smacked my hand on something and ended up bleeding :rolleyes: thus making it an official project. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok thanks.

:biggest: ok that was easy after i figured out what had to be done.. Now for another question.. How do you put brake pads in the subaru 4 piston brake calipers. It looks nothing like the 2 pot instructions. there is no clip thing to slide them into and it has 4 little " q " (ex.1) looking things and two ex.2 looking things. So again any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heh i can't really believe this thread is still here.. i got everything figured out so if anyone is going to attempt doing this and needs any suggestions or assistance feel free to post or email me.

oh and one big thing if you have subaru 4 pots and can't get all the air out of the lines try turning the calipers upside down so the bleed valve is at the top. Sounds stupid but ehh.. just do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts