Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I just got a new RS in January (my first Subaru -- second for the family) and it just broke 1000 miles yesterday :)

I've actually seen quite a few Impreza's around San Diego lately (old style and some new WRX's). I've had good luck with friendly wavers, too! :)

So if any of you are in San Diego and you see a new black RS, that's probably me! :)

· Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Yes, I did. I love the car. Although browsing forums, I kind of feel out of place. The two flame wars (GC8 vs New Age WRX) leave me in the middle (New Age non-WRX) but as I've said, on the road I've waved and received waves from WRX owners, so I've been happy.

Over the weekend at a movie theater, a WRX parked next to my car. When leaving, we both got to our cars at the same time. I waved and he pointed at my car, smiled and gave me a "nice car!" and I did the same :)

I'm also pretty new to cars, mechanically-wise, but I've been reading this and other Subaru forums for the past year slowly learning about them.

· Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heh. Well my car is just now over 1000 miles. Gotta get it oil changed this weekend. So I haven't truly driven my car yet. But yesterday I did a slow rev to right under 4000rpm and right and the end it definately got some nice pull in there. My passenger was impressed. I can't wait to get the rpm's higher! Definately, a fun fun car to drive!

I got the car at Irvine Subaru and they were good, didn't even once even mention the WRX. Of course, I did. I kept trying to see if I could justify the extra cash. But I couldn't.

As far as another Subaru in the family, my sister got a Forester a couple years ago. She was going to buy a RAV4 when I mentioned Subarus to her. She still thanks me to this day! :)

· Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, in most probability, as long as you don't abuse the engine when it's new, everything will be alright. But I figure it doesn't hurt to wait a month before testing it. I'd like to have this car for a long time

LOL. Yeah... I wanna hoodscoop! Although, I guess it's kinda good they didn't do the Mustang thing and put a non-functional scoop, although I still like the way it looks. Oh well... maybe if I ever turbo the car, I'll look into it ;)

· Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What? Like the MY98-MY01 2.5RS
Uhm... yeah :D

Problem without the hoodscoop is that my car goes unnoticed. But that could be a good thing... I know some ppl are complaining about rising thefts of WRX's. :(

with that mod alone u already look better then a WRX
Actually... I would look *exactly* like a WRX !

· Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Heh. Okay! Thought you were talking about WRX hoods. My bad.

Nice hoods! But I would want a nice understated black hood with no markings myself.

So the WRX hoods are lighter than the RS ones? How much more so? Would it really make any difference? As I said, I'm pretty new to cars so I don't know too much.. yet....

:)

· Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
dRu 888 said:
most people mount their intercooler in the front, better perf. & u dont need the scoop. hell, even the new wrc car doesn't use the hood scoop.
Ahh... thanks! I was always wondering about that. Btw, love your sig :)

So where're all the San Diegans? They must have jobs or something... ;)

Well at least I'm not getting flamed for have a New Agey Impreza :)

· Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
HotImprezaChick said:
Hey, What's up? Welcome aboard. Hope to see you at some Auto-Xes and future desert trips!
~Bris~
Hi! Sounds fun... Right now I'm still in paranoid-hurt-my-new-car phase and I freak out if there's some dust flying through the air (like last weekend!) but I'm sure I'll eventually look into that stuff.. sounds like fun tho! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.