Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought some of them, and i can't figure the damn directions for wiring them. it's telling me to run a wire fromthe switch to the high beam. what the hell is that about? i'm really frusdtrated here. i checked and rechecked my connections and grounds. they are all correct. help me please.....:mad:

brian

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and you know what's terrible..ten years later..and i still haven't figured out how to wire them properly. :unamused:

·
Registered
00'RS/02' WRX stgEleventy
2,144 Posts
i just bought some of them, and i can't figure the damn directions for wiring them. it's telling me to run a wire fromthe switch to the high beam. what the hell is that about? i'm really frusdtrated here. i checked and rechecked my connections and grounds. they are all correct. help me please.....:mad:

brian
and you know what's terrible..ten years later..and i still haven't figured out how to wire them properly.

It's so you have the option of turning them on with the highbeams or not...

My thought is so they aren't used in a lowbeam situation and not blond other drivers...

So highbeams +

Who wires them that way, I don't know, I'd wire in 2 relays, one to sense the lights are on and activate the 2nd relay to power the lights, so I could choose to have them on, but only with the light on..

The final way would be full independance wiring the relay right off the battery, switch activating the relay... it's not like you'd forget and leave them on...

So there are a few ways to get there..

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i actually did them the ghetto way. by taking the power wire and shoving it into the headlight plug, and then plugging the headlight in. lights are on, they are on. :lol:

·
Registered
00'RS/02' WRX stgEleventy
2,144 Posts
I'm pretending I didn't just read that.... looking away.... (shame on you)....lol

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
10 years later, adn I'm totally not telling you how to wire them.

Newb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts