Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
00 2.5rs ASPEN COUPE
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys whats up, been a week or two since i been on, an since i changed my radiator an thermostat everythings been fine with my car....

now the other day since this cold weather came, my heat jus doesnt seem to work anymore. an im guessing its the heater core. i know somebody said it could be clogged but running it for the past wknd i have had no heat at all but cold air blowing.

im gonna invest in a portable heater to plug into my car for the winter being, but how much does this cost roughly about? is it easy to do your self ? im hearing its about a 9 hour job to do it yourself.

please opinions well appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
the dash has to come out to get to the core. I can pull the dash out in about an hour, but I have done it quite a few times now. For your first time its going to take a while.
http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partdetail.php?partid=9487

First thing I would check is that there are no air bubbles in your system from what you just did, since the heat comes from your coolant. You could also remove the lines going to the core in your engine bay and see if they are clogged.

·
aka obs111
2004 WRB WRX
970 Posts
I'd go ahead and flush the system just so you don't get coolant everywhere. But if you are juts checking the lines in the engine bay and you don't care if your engine gets coolant everywhere, then go ahead. But I suggest you go ahead and flush the system.

When you pull the lines in the engine bay off of the heater core lines coming out of the firewall, there will be some coolant that will spill out from the heater core. I just took a cotton ball and put it in there and wrapped with some electrical tape so it would hold it in.

·
Registered
98 OBS
677 Posts
my .02$: if you do replace it; where the heater core pipes go through the firewall MAKE SURE you put the gaskets around the pipes after poking it through the firewall.

If you don't and you put your dash back together, tighten everything and change your fluid you won't want to take everything back apart just to put on a measly gasket... ask me how i know lol

·
Banned
00 2.5rs ASPEN COUPE
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i hope i can find a heater core on here for 40 bucks. They go 300 brand new. Im not too worried about tho. I am gonna flush the system again for the meantime an remove those hoses to see if theres shit in them. I hope thats the problem or the next thing il be learning is how to take my dash apart an change a heater core lol. Im jus pissed as soon as this weather temp dropped is when my heat went bye bye. My luck right! Il jus pick up a little ac heater that plugs into my cigarette lighter for the winter time. Im always bundled up in the winter anyway an now that its gettin too cold to work on my car im giving up for now. Not that idk what im doin i just dont get a helping hand that easy bc my friends are always busy. So il jus see what happens an il keep u guys updated this wknd.

·
Banned
00 2.5rs ASPEN COUPE
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
taking off the dash is pretty straightforward. just time consuming
If i can do it ina honda i can def do it in my sube. Its like i said the weather thats killing my time now. I dnt have a garage to fot my car in nor a shop or money to get it done right now. Il jus wait it out. Wearing a beater,tshirt,hoody an northface with a svarf an gloves is good enough lol. An may e if i have some hot sex in da back itll warm the inside up lol jp. I dont fuck in my car. But it was a thought 0.0 never dat lol cars to precious to me. Thats like fucking another girl inside my girl naaaa lemme stop. Lol

·
aka obs111
2004 WRB WRX
970 Posts
Have you been drinking?
I feel you dude. Hard to read :unamused:

How do you check, just blow on the line and see if it comes out the other one?
Well, if your talking about checking if its clogged, yes. You can blow on one side of the line and let it come out the other. But, don't use much pressure because one of the lines is plastic.

·
Registered
96 L Turbo Wagon
3,641 Posts
If i can do it ina honda i can def do it in my sube. Its like i said the weather thats killing my time now. I dnt have a garage to fot my car in nor a shop or money to get it done right now. Il jus wait it out. Wearing a beater,tshirt,hoody an northface with a svarf an gloves is good enough lol. An may e if i have some hot sex in da back itll warm the inside up lol jp. I dont fuck in my car. But it was a thought 0.0 never dat lol cars to precious to me. Thats like fucking another girl inside my girl naaaa lemme stop. Lol
:wtf:

:lol:

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,013 Posts
:drunk: you better be pretty fucked up right now :drunk:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.