Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 2.5rs automatic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, b4 i get flamed, yes, i did a search. But my 99 rs is my 1st Subaru and im still learning. But what heater controls are compatible with my car? Id imagine base impreza of the same year. But any other models and years? Mine started acting up 2day. Pic for attention ha ha as i just put those rims and snow tires on today
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,584 Posts
99-01 all Impreza USDM models, and 99-02 USDM Forester for sure, potentially other years as well.

Nice coupe you got there.

Reactions: Jford66

·
Registered
1999 2.5rs automatic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fast reply! Gonna start scrounging around bone yards now. And thank you! Bought it from my mom recently. Im a former mechanic and been working on it for her for a few years, fell in love with it not even knowing how rare it is (99 automatic) and jumped on it when she finally decided to sell. Gonna keep it as long as i can and hopefully pass it down to my son since hes fallen in love with it too

·
Registered
1999 2.5rs automatic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about OBS? To my understanding they are basically imprezas, so it seems likely the parts from the similar years would interchange

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,584 Posts
OBS in those year ranges works too.

Reactions: Jford66

·
Registered
98RS, 98RS, 99RS, 99L
343 Posts
I believe all impreza models 97-01 shared the same HVAC controls. Most definitely 98-01 but 97 was a crossover year and I believe it had the newer HVAC with the old rounder trim covering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts