Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the center console of my '00 2.5RS are three switch blanks. Does anyone know if there are any OEM heated seat switches that would fit there? The switches from a '98-08 Forester look like they'd be close, but I can't find any in my local junkyard to test with.

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, '00 911 Cab, '18 CT6 TT, '04 Escalade ESV
5,436 Posts
That one definitely looks like it would fit the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel, it looks really freaking close to the 93-01 switches.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well that got me curious, so I took out a dash switch and a center console blank and compared them. Size-wise, they're about right, but the tab is on the left for a dash switch and on the right for a center blank. Additionally, the dash switches "jut out" quite a bit more than the pic of the seat heater.

I'm somewhat concerned about the depth of the switches after having looked at the dash switch. Does anyone have any photos of the GC8 DCCD switches they could share so I could do a visual comparison?

edit: Nevermind, the DCCD switches are deep too. And it looks like Subaru shares switches with Nissan. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm deep in the junkyard lookin' for bits and bobs.

edit2: Awesome. '97 Maxima switches work!

Nissan Part No.: 25500-50Y10 DRIVER
Nissan Part No.: 25500-50Y00 PASSENGER

1 - 3 of 3 Posts